By Kevin Siembieda
2012 was a good year
Palladium Books is coming off its best year in quite some time. 2012 was a year of progress, improved sales and successful experimentation.
- Sales were up 4% across the board and Surprise Package and Christmas sales held strong for Palladium Books.
- Sales of the Rifts®, Robotech® and Dead Reign™ (Zombie Apocalypse) game lines were up 7-8%.
We also saw increased interest in the Palladium Fantasy RPG® and Heroes Unlimited™, especially in the requests for products in Christmas Surprise Packages.
- The 2012 Palladium Open House was another success and loads of fun for everybody.
- Gen Con® Indy was the best for Palladium Books in a decade. No exaggeration.
- We also tried some new things, like crowdsource funding three different titles, all of which were a resounding success.
- We have also experimented with new advertising venues with mixed success, but mostly good.
- Thanks to Carmen Bellaire, Palladium released a number of out of print Rifts® miniatures and a ten new miniatures.
- We investigated new market areas and will be expanding into producing game pieces for Robotech®.
- My health continued to improved and my diabetes is under control largely with diet and exercise. Alex Marciniszyn’s health also held steady.
As we head into the New Year, we are feeling healthy, positive and focused. Overall, 2012 was a good year.