What is Recon?

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Recon is an RPG/Miniature game based on small squad infantry tactics with an emphasis on the Vietnam War or Mercenary campaigns.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

It has its own rules which facilitate quick character generation and combat. In a word: simple.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Yeap, a very simple ruleset oriented towards D100 and D10 rolling.

Once you get the hang of it you can go from starting to create a character to your first in game encounter in about 15 minutes

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

Jefffar wrote:Yeap, a very simple ruleset oriented towards D100 and D10 rolling.

Once you get the hang of it you can go from starting to create a character to your first in game encounter in about 15 minutes
wich is a good thing since your charater will probably not survive the evening. . . .
冠双
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

True enough.

The reason Recon is so simple is because it is intended to be a highly accurate simulation of modern warfare.

Which means if you do something stupid, you and the whole group will probably die.

lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Draco The Psi-Tech wrote:Me and my Rp group just started to play it.....We are haveing fun :-D

Awesome.

What kind of campaign are you playing?
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

Drakenred®™© wrote:
Jefffar wrote:Yeap, a very simple ruleset oriented towards D100 and D10 rolling.

wich is a good thing since your charater will probably not survive the evening. . . .

I think the only other game that I ever saw more lethal to players than Recon was Delta Force.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
BigLEE
Explorer

Unread post by BigLEE »

The original rulebook can be downloaded from here, http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/cutt ... lrecon.pdf
The real problem with freedom is speech is too many people don't know when to shut up.
Recon_Charlie

Unread post by Recon_Charlie »

Jefffar wrote:Recon is an RPG/Miniature game based on small squad infantry tactics with an emphasis on the Vietnam War or Mercenary campaigns.

I've never quite understood Recon's minature war-rules. They seem unusually complex for such a simple and elegant system. Do any of you guys actually use miniatures as explained in the Revised Rulebook?

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”