Project Greenlight?

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

Isn't there a Bluelight Hill in the Special Forces training area of Fort Bragg? Maybe there are small, internal divisions within the groups themselves.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

If I remember from chargin Charlie's book, Greenlight was a counter terror unit that was a competitor of Delta. And when Delta was given the go ahead Greenlight was disbanded. I think that is how it went.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Trooper Jim wrote:If I remember from chargin Charlie's book, Greenlight was a counter terror unit that was a competitor of Delta. And when Delta was given the go ahead Greenlight was disbanded. I think that is how it went.

Thought that was Bluelight but my copy of the book was stolen years ago so not sure.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
Trooper Jim wrote:If I remember from chargin Charlie's book, Greenlight was a counter terror unit that was a competitor of Delta. And when Delta was given the go ahead Greenlight was disbanded. I think that is how it went.

Thought that was Bluelight but my copy of the book was stolen years ago so not sure.

You are right. I just found my copy last night and re read that portion of the book. Sorry about that guys. So I have no idea what Greenlight is/was. I will shut up now and return to lurking.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

pulphero wrote:
C.R.A.F.T. wrote:I remember reading something about Bluelight, in Europe I believe, early to mid 1970's.

What (if anything) can you remember about Bluelight?

Is/was it a location a sub-group or an operation?

Anything you remember might help.

Thanks.

What I remember about them they were the temp group while Delta Force was being put together. There was a budget fight since some just wanted to keep Bluelight but in the end Delta Force won and Bluelight was shut down. The only book I saw mention them didn't have much info.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

http://johnmtaylor.com/foe/sadm.htm

Project Greenlight

Given the term "Project" I think this was just research. There would have been another name for any operational use.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Dominique
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Dominique »

Green Light was teh code name for US Army Special Forces A-teams that were trained to employ Special Atomic Demolitions Munitions (SADM -back pack nukes). The SF teams (along with some USN UDT, and Germany based LRRP units) were trained to infiltrate hostile (i.e. communist) countries, and detonate the devices.

The primary reason the Army started developing military free fall (MFF) techniques (HALO/HAHO), was so teams could clandestinely enter enemy airspace.

The old Navy UDTs (Underwater Demolition Teams) also started developing an SDV (Swimmer/SEAL Delivery Vehicle) a capability so they could enter eneyme harbors undetected.

Blue Light was the 5th Special Forces Group's (5th SFG) counter terror unit. It was disbanded once 1st SFOD-D (Delta, Delta Force, CAG, etc.) was up and running.
"There is no such thing as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men"
"No one assails me without punishment"
Dominique
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Dominique »

Negative. Most of the stuff dealing with SADMs is still highly classified. The only open source material I know of are a book called "Copperhead". It's by a retired Army SF Sergeant Major, and an old article in Soldier of Fortune.
"There is no such thing as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men"
"No one assails me without punishment"

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”