The Spell Mystic Alarm

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

The Spell Mystic Alarm

Unread post by darthauthor »

The Spell Mystic Alarm

So the spell looks like it puts a ward on the thing the caster wants a silent alarm to go off.

So is the correct employment of the spell:
1. on a door?
2. on your backpack?
3. on your wallet?
4. On you buried treasure chest?

The alarm will alert the mage instantly, even if he is thousands of miles
away or in another dimension.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: The Spell Mystic Alarm

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Yes that would be the correct employment (could even add windows, drawers, etc).

I would note that as it is said to be "Ward-like" there maybe additional stipulations you could put in place based on Wards (not the spell version found in Rifts, but PF2E main book pg125) like "cannot be placed on any object that is handled frequently". I bring it up both because of the wording in the spell AND that the PF2E Wards have an identical option (found on pg126).

Though technically a Diabolist (or the spell caster) isn't supposed to be able to trigger their own wards, other limitations seem to suggest that energized wards aren't supposed to be moved. This would mean some of your examples are more situational than others (you couldn't put a MA on your wallet and carry it around the local flea market to prevent pick-pocketing, but you probably could use it when you set down for the night and put it out).

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”