The Lord of the Deep's "Calling"

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MidnightNova
D-Bee

The Lord of the Deep's "Calling"

Unread post by MidnightNova »

It's mentioned in WB7 Underseas that the LotD occasionally puts out a psionic "call" that can cover something like 1,000 miles of coastline. But it does not state how far inland the effect of the "Calling" propagates. Anyone have any ideas? I was leaning towards 15-30 miles inland from the ocean coasts (Or connected bodies like the Great Lakes) What do people think? Obviously it cannot be hundreds of miles of Chi-Town would be singing "FIsh Heads'. :D
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: The Lord of the Deep's "Calling"

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

skimming through WB7, i'm not seeing any reference to an actual range in the entries for the LOTD, the cult of the deep, or the sea inquisitor.

from the phrasing used to refer to the calling, it actually looks like it has global range from where ever the LOTD is, it's just only psychic sensitives and people on the astral plane tend to notice it.

i think you're confusing it with the range of the reachers (~2000 miles from the main body of the LOTD), but i might be wrong.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
slade2501
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the baddies I shoot, and their bodies I loot; Oh RNJesus, you I salute!

Unread post by slade2501 »

I would say that the call can reach under any of Earth's major oceans, as they are linked together and its probably some mystical aspect of the sea water that allows it.
MidnightNova
D-Bee

Unread post by MidnightNova »

The definition of the call's area is on Page 48 Of WB7 Underseas, last chapter before the Sea Inquisitor. 1,000 Mile strip or diameter (Diameter likely being at sea), once or twice a year. It's semi-subconsciously activated basically. But for a strip (Of coast presumably) it says nothing about how far inland.

Return to “Rifts®”