Biomancy, Millennium Trees, and the Dinosaur Swamp

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

Biomancy, Millennium Trees, and the Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by DevastationBob »

Would biomancy work on a living millennium tree? Could a millennium tree (thinking like a big cypress) exist in North America in the Dinosaur Swamp? (don't have any of the dinosaur swamp books, and haven't had a copy of Rifts England in a dog's age)
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
kaid
Knight

Re: Biomancy, Millennium Trees, and the Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by kaid »

The healing biomancy stuff probably would work on a living millennium tree but the ones that manipulate shape would be unlikely to work. I would imagine due to biomancers empathy with nature that if they got in range of a millennium tree the tree would be a super big fan of the biomancers and visa versa.

In theory there are no millennium trees in north america but who knows what is in the swamps.

Off of australia apparently the great barrier reef is some kind of millennium tree like being but it has not really been described yet.
DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by DevastationBob »

The Millennium Reef!

Ever since I saw in the old conversion book that a group of Grimbor and Hyrtil(sp) lived in the dinosaur swamp, I thought it'd be cool if they lived on or around a young millennium tree that supplied them with weapons and armor. MD low-tech.
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

i could've swore that SA1 actually discussed something about millenium trees and biomancy. i think the special biomancy trees have some rules about how they can't be within a certain distance of a millenium tree or something like that maybe? anyways, it's a vague memory. sorry i can't do better for you.
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Unread post by Dr Megaverse »

Well, looked through SA1 and while it talks about Wisdom Trees it doesn't mention anything specific about Biomancy being able to effect either kind of tree. It does say neither kind of tree will grow within 1000 miles of each other, and that there MAY be a few Wisdom Trees in Florida hence no MTs.

Using logic, I'd say anything beneficial to the tree would probably be ok, however the tree always has the choice of who it'll work with and what it'll do.

Return to “Rifts®”