If you could have a sequel...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nether
Adventurer

Re: If you could have a sequel...

Unread post by Nether »

Mynameisnatan wrote:If you could have a sequel to any of the books which would it be? For me i'd pick Africa, it needs a sequel for added regional info and much more.

Thats a tough one as there is a couple for me, but I will list them by importance.

Atlantis 0 (number 2)
Federation of Magic 2
Psyscape 2
Phaseworld 2
Phaseworld Source 2

These books would need to flesh out some of the main factions introduced and touch upon what is in the prior but also update it to the current timeline as well as OCCs should have further things touched upon like Phaseworlds Phase Adept abilities which are just additional psionic abilities with a focus, but a lvl 15 Adept could have all the abilities listed and still have learned power slots with no abilities to pick from.
Last edited by Nether on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galroth
Adventurer

Unread post by Galroth »

Nether wrote:
Mynameisnatan wrote:If you could have a sequel to any of the books which would it be? For me i'd pick Africa, it needs a sequel for added regional info and much more.

Thats a tough one as there is a couple for me, but I will list them by importance.

Federation of Magic 2
Psyscape 2
Atlantis 2
Phaseworld 2
Phaseworld Source 2

These books would need to flesh out some of the main factions introduced and touch upon what is in the prior but also update it to the current timeline as well as OCCs should have further things touched upon like Phaseworlds Phase Adept abilities which are just additional psionic abilities with a focus, but a lvl 15 Adept could have all the abilities listed and still have learned power slots with no abilities to pick from.

Atlantis already has a second book: Splynn Dimensional Market. Federation of Magic 2 would be something I'd be interested in though.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Hurm.... For me it'd probably be... Assuming Rifts as it's in the rifts forum.

Coalition States War Campaign 2. (( Updated arms, armor, tactics, OOCs to include bonus like other 'new' oocs. Information on the cities and such.))

Lone Star 2. Move ahead the story down there, new mutants, new things from Bradford, Complete the super city down there (( if for nothing else you can house the vetran's families from the Tolkeen war there. if they don't like it, then that's on them)) I could TOTALLY See Bradford doing some human testing and what not going for a 'canon' super soldier program. (( not Janissary, please))

* Australia. Except just totally scrap and disavow the first one. Give us a decent book, don't cut it into 3 and promise the other thirds on work not yet completed. Give us a full world book in one book. Make it thick if you have to. But ---only--- if you totally disavow the first one.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

No contest for me: Wormwood.

It's an awesome setting, but the book is only about 2/3rds baked. There are lots of little gaps that a GM needs to address to make it work.

--flatline
Nether
Adventurer

Unread post by Nether »

Galroth wrote:
Nether wrote:

Atlantis 2
Federation of Magic 2
Psyscape 2
Phaseworld 2
Phaseworld Source 2

Atlantis already has a second book: Splynn Dimensional Market. Federation of Magic 2 would be something I'd be interested in though.

Actually I change my List slightly,

Atlantis 0, that tells us about the True Atlantean clans, give clan information and structure, where they were on Atlantis prior and where they are now, what are they doing ext, plus you could put some of the Rifter materiel in there. There is so much I want to know about them, and how they were that they could easily make a book, and it has always surprised me that one of the earliest popular player races out there has soo little information on them.

What do the clans believe about the events, and do any of them suspect the Aerihman clan? How can they not, there is only so many times you demasked the sunaj and find it is a TA underneath of the Aerihman clan that suspisions go out the window and your like, you F**kers, you are all dead. It should also give us more info on the Aerihman clan as well, how they proceed ext.

I have always found them so vague background wise to play because I have found so little that tells how the clans function ext. But they have such a rich and fantastic but tragic history that drew me in right away, but then nothing after you see the headline.

Federation of Magic 2, needs to update Dweomer and Brass to decent size, as in decent size that Dweomer is THE largest and strongest positive / benevolent city of magic in NA, Brass needs to actually be a REAL threat to the CS as I am tired of always seeing a one sided story there. These two factions have big history togather, time to make them = in strength, and then let the gamer groups shape their world accordingly. Really make the empire you choose to fight for count every death, loss/gain of resources, success ext and no more unlimited this, unlimited that ext.

Show us the other stars of the Magic Zone, like Stormspire update ext.
Last edited by Nether on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Unread post by Dr Megaverse »

Hmmmm, FoM 2 for me!
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

Rifts Societies Book 1: True atlantians

Rifts Dimension book x: Wormwood 2

Rifts world book XX: Subteranian (possibly other books too)

Rifts Ocean Book XX: Atlantic, south pacific, north pacific, indian ocean

Rifts World book xx: The middle east

Rifts Space book 1: Mutants in orbit Expanded and revised

Rifts Space book 2: Outer Solar system (who knows what lurks and watches)
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
Nether
Adventurer

Unread post by Nether »

Update prior post.

@Chronicle, really agree with that list, seems like you are just as interested in TA as me.
Rifts also needs as you mentioned Orbit and Outer System specifically for Rifts and not filled with mutant animals.
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador

The mutant animal aspect doesn't bother me as much (especially when you make RCC's in the books rather then have us fool around with BIO-E)
I love True Atlantians My Main character is one (True Atlantian Temporal Wizard)

Actually OCC's instead of blanket OCCs

Ship stats instead of Glossing

With a Society book series i think it would be easier to cover territory rather then scattered world books

Actual rules for Space speeds (whether it be 1G,2G or something that helps cover the gaps other then the lame mach speed caps)

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

(e) all of the above
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Chronicle wrote:Rifts Societies Book 1: True atlantians

Not trying to be nitpicky, but I thought this was "Sequel" not 'What world books do you want in general", so wouldn't the Societies, Subterranean, middle east books all be on a different list?

Wormwood 2 would be a sequal, the oceans one could be Underseas 2, And the last two could be Mutants in Orbit 2 and 3.

Not that they're bad ideas (( Well the middle east one is.)) but it's just not the question that was asked. :)

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

Hmmm...

I'd like to see an Africa 2 as well. Maybe a "Warlords of Rifts: Africa" type book.

But a Sequel to D-Bees of North America... well, more of a 'D-Bees Around the World' (Europe, Asia, etc.) would be nice.
Blade with whom I have lived.
Blade with whom I now die.
Serve right and justice one last time.
Seek one last heart of evil.
Still one last life of pain.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
-Sir Orin Neville Smyth, Flight of Dragons
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

Africa 2 is first on my list. I desperately desire to see a sourcebook that is FAR more free of racism and trite cliches than Africa was.

Second on my list is Federation of Magic 2

Third on my list is Psyscape 2. If there weren't so many glaring holes in the first two, this would be first on my list. God, Psionics needs so much help in Rifts. Virtually every single psychic OCC needs to be revised in some manner. The way Rifts is built, psionic powers are NOT a substitute for skills.

Coalition War Campaign 2 is at the absolute bottom of the barrel. Sorry, guys. The CS just DOESN'T NEED MORE STUFF. They are already overly effective for what they are supposed to be. My players don't fear Demons, Deevils, or anything else. They fear the Coalition States. A bunch of guys in armored suits should NOT be more terrifying than monsters from another dimension. But they are, because of damage dealt over range vs. an enemy you can melee with after the horror factor check is over.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Psyscape. This time, I'd like some real info on the actual city.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Chronicle wrote:Rifts Societies Book 1: True atlantians

Not trying to be nitpicky, but I thought this was "Sequel" not 'What world books do you want in general", so wouldn't the Societies, Subterranean, middle east books all be on a different list?

Wormwood 2 would be a sequal, the oceans one could be Underseas 2, And the last two could be Mutants in Orbit 2 and 3.

Not that they're bad ideas (( Well the middle east one is.)) but it's just not the question that was asked. :)

I have to admit, i did get carried away there (a setting based on the arabian nights would be interesting)

Psionics do need a slight buff, Psyscape 2 (Mapped out city and all)
Last edited by Chronicle on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Balabanto wrote:Coalition War Campaign 2 is at the absolute bottom of the barrel. Sorry, guys. The CS just DOESN'T NEED MORE STUFF. They are already overly effective for what they are supposed to be. My players don't fear Demons, Deevils, or anything else. They fear the Coalition States. A bunch of guys in armored suits should NOT be more terrifying than monsters from another dimension. But they are, because of damage dealt over range vs. an enemy you can melee with after the horror factor check is over.
i disagree only because technology grows in wartime
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

I would definatly love a "More DBees of North America" or even "DBees of Europe" or what ever. *nodnodnod* Just don't let Burles draw for it.

Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

In no particular order:
FoM2
China 3
Africa 2
Australia 2
Psyscape 2
More DBees Books.

I'm more interested in seeing the less fleshed out locations given more detail than having more info piled on about places that already have several books dedicated to them.
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

Africa 2 . . . large land mass could use more detail. I would probably focus on the northern coast as it's easiest to intergrate with Europe/Triax.
England 2 . . . P.S. I may be the only person who doesn't hate camelot
New West 2: The West Coast . . . ok I'm cheating a little
Looonatic
Adventurer

Unread post by Looonatic »

Juicer Uprising 2: Electric Boogaloo. :D:
--The more powerful you are, the less tacos you get.--
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Nether wrote:
Atlantis 0 (number 2) (what do you mean? a prequel game book to WB2?)
Federation of Magic 2 (nope not really)
Psyscape 2 (maybe later, but not now)
Phaseworld 2 (done)
Phaseworld Source 2 (done)

All of the 3G books are at their core PW books. And some are more then others.

Fed o Magic, Psyscape and Shememen (however :roll: ) Nations are pretty much tied together through same location coverage.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

1) The Federation of Magic 2: Dunscon's revenge.
2) Coalition War Campaign 2: Genocide.
3) Free Quebec 2: RDF Unleashed.

They will contain, besides the obvious material, the Coalition versus the FoM war, with Free Quebec arriving at the end to save the day for humanity!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

ffranceschi wrote:1) The Federation of Magic 2: Dunscon's revenge.

They will contain, besides the obvious material, the Coalition versus the FoM war, with Free Quebec arriving at the end to save the day for humanity!

Didn't we have that already? Those books were not well received...
My bad, you described the Tolkeen war and I assumed you were talking about that - didn't notice the FoM part.
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

These won't be well received either.
ffranceschi
Adventurer

Balabanto wrote:These won't be well received either.

I know but still I want those books.

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
ffranceschi
Adventurer

Giant2005 wrote:
ffranceschi wrote:1) The Federation of Magic 2: Dunscon's revenge.

Didn't we have that already? Those books were not well received...
My bad, you described the Tolkeen war and I assumed you were talking about that - didn't notice the FoM part.

The books will be World books but with a chapter at the end about the war.

Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

flatline wrote:No contest for me: Wormwood.

It's an awesome setting, but the book is only about 2/3rds baked. There are lots of little gaps that a GM needs to address to make it work.

--flatline

Seconded! Though Wormwood is better as a solitary campaign setting with minimal Rifts earth influences. I have always suspected that is how it was orginally presented and then it got lumped in with Rifts due to a need for fresh material.

I think I read here that Wormwood was one of the worst selling Rifts books and I hope that isn't true. I just picked up an extra copy at GenCon.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Free Quebec 2
Japan 2
FoM 2
Psyscape 2
D-Bees of Europe
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Wooly wrote:Though Wormwood is better as a solitary campaign setting with minimal Rifts earth influences.

You can play Wormwood isolated from Rifts, but you need the magic OCCs from Rifts since technowizardry and spell casting are a critical part of the setting, yet no magic OCCs are presented in the book.

Minimally, you should pull in the Shifter, Technowizard, and Temporal Wizard since they are all referenced in the text. A generic caster like the LLW should be present, but don't call it a "Ley Line Walker" since there are no ley lines....

There would be no native Mystics since psionics are not available to native wormwood humans.

But once you've done that, it stands alone pretty well.

--flatline
ffranceschi
Adventurer

The Galactus Kid wrote:Free Quebec 2
Japan 2
FoM 2
Psyscape 2
D-Bees of Europe

We have two coincidences, FoM2 and FQ2, but I would like to know if FQ2 = RDF or something else?

Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

flatline wrote:
Wooly wrote:Though Wormwood is better as a solitary campaign setting with minimal Rifts earth influences.

You can play Wormwood isolated from Rifts, but you need the magic OCCs from Rifts since technowizardry and spell casting are a critical part of the setting, yet no magic OCCs are presented in the book.

Minimally, you should pull in the Shifter, Technowizard, and Temporal Wizard since they are all referenced in the text. A generic caster like the LLW should be present, but don't call it a "Ley Line Walker" since there are no ley lines....

There would be no native Mystics since psionics are not available to native wormwood humans.

But once you've done that, it stands alone pretty well.

--flatline

Are the TW Wormwood flintlock weapons single shot or are they merely stylized weapons? If they are stylized it leads me to futher believe that Wormwood was a standalone setting that was retconned into Rifts.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

ffranceschi wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Free Quebec 2
Japan 2
FoM 2
Psyscape 2
D-Bees of Europe

We have two coincidences, FoM2 and FQ2, but I would like to know if FQ2 = RDF or something else?

It would be the QRDF project.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.

Return to “Rifts®”