Has this been thought of before

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Solarius
D-Bee

Has this been thought of before

Unread post by Solarius »

I was thinking and got to asking myself. Has the palladium staff though of making a few rifters dedicated to the lesser known games. I imagined say a rifter with half of one book and half of another then switch it out on the next rifter that way some of the lesser books could be published in say two editions of rifter and getting people interested or buying more. Anyway just a thought.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Has this been thought of before

Unread post by The Beast »

Solarius wrote:I was thinking and got to asking myself. Has the palladium staff though of making a few rifters dedicated to the lesser known games. I imagined say a rifter with half of one book and half of another then switch it out on the next rifter that way some of the lesser books could be published in say two editions of rifter and getting people interested or buying more. Anyway just a thought.

I wouldn't mind as long as no more than half of that Rifter went to that game. That way there those with subscriptions to it and no interest in that line wouldn't have their money wasted.
Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

I would like to see the Rifter support more of the game lines. This would go a long way to easing some of the hard feelings of no new books for some of the lapsed systems.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Wayne tries very hard to have a good mix of gamelines represented in each and every Rifter. Unfortunately he is subject to the whims of fate, as it were, since he has to choose from the submissions sent to him - which are not always of publishable quality (despite what their authors might think).

Wayne's also publicly stated on Gateway to the Megaverse podcasts that he very consciously tries to publish articles for unsupported game lines whenever he can - see what I said above.

That having been said, I wouldn't mind seeing 1/2 an issue devoted to a particular game line. Don't count on it appeasing certain fans though - its pretty much impossible to please everyone all at the same time.
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

they've done issues focused around specific game lines before. quite a few nightbane focused one for example, a few BTS, some HU, and a few ATB.

but all of those had other gamelines covered in the issue as well.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”