River Islands

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mechghost
Explorer

Re: River Islands

Unread post by Mechghost »

NP SittingBull, sorry my Q wasn't clear enough.
"Did you find him?"
"Just the parts they didn't like..."
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

Mechghost wrote:
FatherMorpheus wrote:
Mechghost wrote:I looked, but it doesn't show how the river is, speed of the current etc. I was hoping someone from the area would see and answer.

Being one of the larger rivers in North America and having a fairly steep gradient, it is one of the most heavily damned rivers in the world. So the Columbia opperates in many areas more like a series of lakes, with man controlling the flow of the water.

Now, in the event 'end of days' this means the dams would most likely have issues with no one controlling the water flow. With that said, if the flood gates were left open, or some adventurous people with the skills and know how to open them did so, a lot of the river water level would start to lower. But the water volume would still be fairly high.

If memory serves Reed island has lots of beeches and some mangroves. From what I can tell, the Columbia river flows between 4 to 6 mph depending on section. But it isn't the speed that gets you, it is the volume of water. A human would know to start way up river to reach the island or use a boat. A zombie might see line of sight and plunge into the water. If it can walk on the bottom, it might eventually get there, if it knows (once it loses site of target) it has to adjust for the current. If it is swimming, it might have a visual, same issue though.

All in all, I would go for an island which has more sheer walls. As has been pointed out, like any defense location, islands have pros and cons.

OK Thank you. Like I said the game is starting in Portland at the time of the Wave, so the players don't really know much about zombies yet. I selected Reed Island by using Google Maps for placement and the overhead pic looked like it had forest on the outside edges and clearings near the center (of course I could be reading the pics wrong LOL ). My char is supposed to be a local so I would have an idea what the different small islands would be like. Game note - the char is a Survivor OCC (Athletics:Sportsman/Outdoorsman) who was a professional guide/hunter.

Damns need constant cleaning and maintainance . Will start to fail withing a year most cases if the generator cooling drains arnt kept free of clogs . And cracks need to be repaired very often or you will see wall failure .
Please Help a Family in Need : http://www.gofundme.com/y27ff9w ,
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

Trent has a point. That would be a horrible surprise for a group of survivors set up on a river island.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Rifts is a framework, if you don't like part of it don't use it.

Unread post by FatherMorpheus »

The Dead Reign I did a campaign set in the same region. There was a cult called 'The Sparks' that had risen up to maintain the damn system. As what Trent says is very true.

Or maybe have it set after the damns gave way, so the river returns to the pre-damn state.
SittingBull
Hero

The cult maintaining a dam or dams would be a possible way, with nice river islands down stream, to set up traps for people.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

For a good visual look at the flooding footage in Tx . Or the Japanese tsunami footage . Maybe a good idea to open all the locks and leave them open or just blow the dam and let natural flow restore itself . Then build when the flood waters calm down . At least you have some control .
SittingBull
Hero

Oh I got the visual, just confused by the sudden "just open the dams and let nature take its course", that's all.

Wonder why "Life After Humans" but the lifespan of unattended dams so much longer?
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

SittingBull wrote:Oh I got the visual, just confused by the sudden "just open the dams and let nature take its course", that's all.

Wonder why "Life After Humans" but the lifespan of unattended dams so much longer?

Well the dams will give eventually and when your not ready . But if you release that water to start with you can wait until the waters calm down and THEN build a safe haven . Just a thought
SittingBull
Hero

True. Some dams could even be a safe haven or a back up safe haven.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

SittingBull wrote:True. Some dams could even be a safe haven or a back up safe haven.

Interesting. Personally I would think that one example of a good place to set up a dam-based safe haven would be the Hells Canyon Project on the Snake River. Home to three large dams, it has access to a number of miles-long reservoirs, and the surrounding lands include plenty of agricultural property, small towns, and at least one natural forest. Although these dams don't have locks to allow the transit of watercraft through the reservoirs, they can generate a lot of electricity, and I think that there are plenty of fish in the reservoirs as well. Once I was looking at a real estate website covering a property by the Brownlee Dam, which was huge and had just about everything - timberlands, grazing property, development lands, and even mining rights, a bed and breakfast, and the only marina on the local reservoir. Some of the land was even developed as over 40 private residential lots as well. The Rocking M Ranch as it was called was butted against a national forest, and I thought that it could be useful to this forum, but unfortunately the site is hard to access, because I think the property was finally sold to a developer. :roll: But anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 8)
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
SittingBull
Hero

Nice info, thank you.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

whassupman03 wrote:Hello...

SittingBull wrote:True. Some dams could even be a safe haven or a back up safe haven.

Interesting. Personally I would think that one example of a good place to set up a dam-based safe haven would be the Hells Canyon Project on the Snake River. Home to three large dams, it has access to a number of miles-long reservoirs, and the surrounding lands include plenty of agricultural property, small towns, and at least one natural forest. Although these dams don't have locks to allow the transit of watercraft through the reservoirs, they can generate a lot of electricity, and I think that there are plenty of fish in the reservoirs as well. Once I was looking at a real estate website covering a property by the Brownlee Dam, which was huge and had just about everything - timberlands, grazing property, development lands, and even mining rights, a bed and breakfast, and the only marina on the local reservoir. Some of the land was even developed as over 40 private residential lots as well. The Rocking M Ranch as it was called was butted against a national forest, and I thought that it could be useful to this forum, but unfortunately the site is hard to access, because I think the property was finally sold to a developer. :roll: But anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 8)

Also take a look and Kentucky and Barkley dams in west Ky.
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

Trent wrote:Also take a look and Kentucky and Barkley dams in west Ky.

Nifty! :-) They cover some of the traits that the three dams I mentioned don't have, particularly the fact that there are locks to allow riverine shipping through.[sup]1, 2[/sup] Additionally, the Kentucky Dam possesses a rail and road crossing, allowing transit between the two sides by train or automobile, though the question is whether or not they are still open, because they opened a few river crossings elsewhere.[sup]3[/sup] But anyway, thank you for the input. Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 :mrgreen:

[1]: Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_Dam#Capacity
[2]: Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barkley_Dam#/media/File:USACE_Barkley_Lock_and_Dam.jpg
[3]: Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_Dam#Background_and_construction

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

Trent wrote:Also take a look and Kentucky and Barkley dams in west Ky.

Nifty! :-) They cover some of the traits that the three dams I mentioned don't have, particularly the fact that there are locks to allow riverine shipping through.[sup]1, 2[/sup] Additionally, the Kentucky Dam possesses a rail and road crossing, allowing transit between the two sides by train or automobile, though the question is whether or not they are still open, because they opened a few river crossings elsewhere.[sup]3[/sup] But anyway, thank you for the input. Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

[1]: Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_Dam#Capacity
[2]: Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barkley_Dam#/media/File:USACE_Barkley_Lock_and_Dam.jpg
[3]: Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_Dam#Background_and_construction

Ya I grew up there and not far from there now . Yes they are still used . You also have 2 small towns and several small farms and one of the countrys biggest national forest and wild life programs right there within a few miles . Plus Ky dam has a huge rock quarry just a few hundred yards away . Google Land Between the Lakes national recreation area Ky .
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

Trent wrote:Ya I grew up there and not far from there now . Yes they are still used . You also have 2 small towns and several small farms and one of the countrys biggest national forest and wild life programs right there within a few miles . Plus Ky dam has a huge rock quarry just a few hundred yards away . Google Land Between the Lakes national recreation area Ky .

Hmm... you got Grand Rivers, a small community that leads into Land Between the Lakes National Recreational Area from the north (Mentioned below), as well as Calvert City, a larger town full of industrial plants and surface transportation infrastructure, including valuable railroad tracks. The Kentucky Dam has plenty of facilities nearby, and the Land Between the Lakes is full of neat recreational facilities that may hold something useful. People may want to avoid the Interstate roads nearby though, for they may become vehicle graveyards, and one would want to fortify the various bridges that lead to the previously-mentioned National Recreational Area. Additionally, there are a number of other recreational areas nearby, including the Kentucky Dam Village Resort Park, the Paris Landing State Park, and others; and there are two other towns nearby: Kuttawa, which is similar to Grand Rivers though off the beaten track, and Eddyville, which is larger and includes the Kentucky State Penitentiary, which may be fortified as a safe haven... or turned into a Death Cult fortress. Who knows? Of course Kuttawa and Eddyville tend to be close to the Interstates, so they may be troublesome to reach safely. But anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch for posting such valuable information, and have a good afternoon.

whassupman03

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

one of those large floating crane platforms for loading and off loading those gargantuan barges would be a nice defensible platform.

You could pretty much design a first floor maze that in no way connects to the second dedensive floor which again access is limited to one entry point into the third floor living and farming platforms.
as long as the crane is cared for the floating base ciuld actually be self sustaining.
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

say652 wrote:one of those large floating crane platforms for loading and off loading those gargantuan barges would be a nice defensible platform.

You could pretty much design a first floor maze that in no way connects to the second dedensive floor which again access is limited to one entry point into the third floor living and farming platforms.
as long as the crane is cared for the floating base ciuld actually be self sustaining.

People don't realize how hard it is to turn river barges into floating islands and the skills and resources involved . Plus add in maintaince of such structures and ever changing river conditions . and the cranes are not as stable as one thinks . If every skill set could be gathered in one place and kept there , then maybe . Gathering tools and materials to make it happen all while fighting off the dead and other scavengers will make it even more difficult . Not saying it cant be done . but there may be better options . Sometimes simple is best . Just a thought
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The problem with world is all the people.

Unread post by Tags »

Pittsburgh has a few islands left located along the various rivers... A few are urbanized, and Neville island is heavily industrialized, though there is one with extremely limited access, called Brunot island. Just a power plant sitting there. Always thought it would make a good safe have. Zombie tries to cross and the current should carry it down to Neville, and a Zombie isn't likely to last long in the water.
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Well it is a zombie thread....
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

Tags wrote:Pittsburgh has a few islands left located along the various rivers... A few are urbanized, and Neville island is heavily industrialized, though there is one with extremely limited access, called Brunot island. Just a power plant sitting there. Always thought it would make a good safe have. Zombie tries to cross and the current should carry it down to Neville, and a Zombie isn't likely to last long in the water.

Hmm... it looks like Neville Island has quite a bit available. Extensive industry, some recreational facilities, and even a bit of housing are situated on the island. I reckon that it would be an effective safe haven as well if it could be sufficiently fortified. After all, it states in Dead Reign canon that industrial parks make for somewhat effective safe havens. Plus the railroads cross over the river onto Neville, so the good ol' railroad trick advertised in The Reaper's Survival Guide would be effective as well. :roll: But anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Tags wrote:Pittsburgh has a few islands left located along the various rivers... A few are urbanized, and Neville island is heavily industrialized, though there is one with extremely limited access, called Brunot island. Just a power plant sitting there. Always thought it would make a good safe have. Zombie tries to cross and the current should carry it down to Neville, and a Zombie isn't likely to last long in the water.

Hmm... it looks like Neville Island has quite a bit available. Extensive industry, some recreational facilities, and even a bit of housing are situated on the island. I reckon that it would be an effective safe haven as well if it could be sufficiently fortified. After all, it states in Dead Reign canon that industrial parks make for somewhat effective safe havens. Plus the railroads cross over the river onto Neville, so the good ol' railroad trick advertised in The Reaper's Survival Guide would be effective as well. :roll: But anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

Oh yea, Neville is impressive and does offer a lot, though the soil has been ruined so any agriculture is out. Primary concern would be the bridges, though with enough man power they could be dealt with. Would make for a large survivor community. I like Brunot because it would be easy to secure. We even have tour company with a fleet DUKs, recover a few perfect floor transport to and from the island.
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft
SittingBull
Hero

What railroad trick?
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Another problem with Neville island is the size, it would take a concerted effort to clear it.

H. P. Lovecraft
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I like the large freighter moored at the mouth of a fast moving river, have circling patrol boats to gather supplies and kill any floaters, another useful but not condoned strategy is drop weighted nets on the floaters, though the can walk along the bottom, the shops are relatively safe. Using the freight cars for seperate family levels and units, contamination is quickly contained.
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

SittingBull wrote:What railroad trick?

Read pages 31-46 from Dead Reign Sourcebook 2: Dark Places. :D Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
SittingBull
Hero

Do you mean trick by 'continually searching around the tracks' hoping the GM will make it an endless source of materials (for the most part)?
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

SittingBull wrote:Do you mean trick by 'continually searching around the tracks' hoping the GM will make it an endless source of materials (for the most part)?

No, I mean how people can use them as an alternative to walking or driving on the roads. The book means to offer it as a network of secret routes that is often well hidden from the Mark 1 Eyeball, not only due to how they were set up pre-Wave, but also because not many people figure it out. "Endless" materials as you would say are a bonus, and it's up to the GM to place anything like that, and I'm willing to bet that the word "endless" isn't left out of the game. Like the Question Marks of Super Mario Bros., they may contain power-ups, or things that screw you up. You wouldn't want to collect a Poison Mushroom, after all! :lol: But thanks for asking. Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good weekend.

whassupman03 8)

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

SittingBull wrote:Do you mean trick by 'continually searching around the tracks' hoping the GM will make it an endless source of materials (for the most part)?

Sounds like a zombicide trick...

H. P. Lovecraft
SittingBull
Hero

No, I mean how people can use them as an alternative to walking or driving on the roads. The book means to offer it as a network of secret routes that is often well hidden from the Mark 1 Eyeball, not only due to how they were set up pre-Wave, but also because not many people figure it out. "Endless" materials as you would say are a bonus, and it's up to the GM to place anything like that, and I'm willing to bet that the word "endless" isn't left out of the game. Like the Question Marks of Super Mario Bros., they may contain power-ups, or things that screw you up. You wouldn't want to collect a Poison Mushroom, after all! :lol: But thanks for asking. Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good weekend.

whassupman03 8)

Ah, ok, I got your meaning now.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

SittingBull wrote:Ah, ok, I got your meaning now

Sure thing. :-)

say652 wrote:I like the large freighter moored at the mouth of a fast moving river, have circling patrol boats to gather supplies and kill any floaters, another useful but not condoned strategy is drop weighted nets on the floaters, though the can walk along the bottom, the shops are relatively safe. Using the freight cars for seperate family levels and units, contamination is quickly contained.

Just so we can venture on a little tangent, I re-read the latest Dead Reign material from The Rifter, which spoke of how the Wave would affect Tampa Bay, and I noticed that the Sunshine Skyway Bridge connecting Pinellas County with Manatee County went down again, because a container ship collided with it. In fact, it is stated that the ship is still there.

Could such a scenario occur with this situation? Whatever is on that ship may end up being especially useful to the few thousands (Yes, I say "few thousands" because it's a major urban area, and it's not just zombies that are systematically reducing the population... :wink:) that live there, and it may be a great idea for an adventure seed.

But still, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good week.

whassupman03 8)

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Yea humans are worse than zombies.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

say652 wrote:Yea humans are worse than zombies.

Not worse, just bad in a different way.
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Worse.

A zombie is a relatively predictable foe.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

flatline wrote:
say652 wrote:Yea humans are worse than zombies.

Not worse, just bad in a different way.

Hmm I wouldn't so sure, zombies are operating on instinct... Humans actively choose to do what they do.

A container ship could make for good scavenging, if you get lucky. Crew could be a prob though.

H. P. Lovecraft
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I see those gargantuan freighters, you could house hundreds, separated, easily.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

say652 wrote:I see those gargantuan freighters, you could house hundreds, separated, easily.

Not a fan of rivet city... I'll take an island.

H. P. Lovecraft
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I am thinking a defensible position, safety in numbers, preventing infection and a sustainable society.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

say652 wrote:I am thinking a defensible position, safety in numbers, preventing infection and a sustainable society.

An island provides all that, some agriculture can supplement the diet as well... A freighter depending on its location can provide some of that, though unless you take a page from Immortan Joe's citadel, agriculture may be difficult. Not to mention all that rusting metal.

H. P. Lovecraft
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

With a little ingenuity the sequia and redwood forest could be turned into a suitable tree city, connected by ziplines and rope bridges.

Again, seperate family living quarters suggested, better to lose a few than all.
SittingBull
Hero

If one had explosives and acted fast enough, you could make Roosevelt Island, in New York City, into a pretty decent safe haven. I only bring this up since it is a river island.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Trent wrote:I know zombies cant swim but can walk along the bottom of bodies of water . But in rivers of decent size and/or depth their bottom depths are subject to strong currents that would be very likely to carry them well past their target

What if they crawled instead of walked? This would make them more streamlined and experience less drag, plus allow them to use their hands to grip into the muddy bottom and drag themselves forward, if they wanted to travel against the current or brake at a destination if traveling with it.

Also, wouldn't the flow of current be less if the bottom was uneven? Like if there was rocks at the bottom you were stepping between, those would break up the current flow so you'd only have to deal with it higher up, possibly giving your feet something to dig into.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
SittingBull
Hero

Tor wrote:
Trent wrote:I know zombies cant swim but can walk along the bottom of bodies of water . But in rivers of decent size and/or depth their bottom depths are subject to strong currents that would be very likely to carry them well past their target

What if they crawled instead of walked? This would make them more streamlined and experience less drag, plus allow them to use their hands to grip into the muddy bottom and drag themselves forward, if they wanted to travel against the current or brake at a destination if traveling with it.

Also, wouldn't the flow of current be less if the bottom was uneven? Like if there was rocks at the bottom you were stepping between, those would break up the current flow so you'd only have to deal with it higher up, possibly giving your feet something to dig into.

The zombie would have to have a reason to cross the river (Why did the zombie cross the river?) and then it would have to be able to remember its target, without seeing it, the entire time it would take for it to cross the river. Might be a neat trick for a half-living though.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I live in a port city, ideally the freighter, the crane pad and several barges and tugs would be added to the fleet.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

SittingBull wrote:
Tor wrote:

The zombie would have to have a reason to cross the river (Why did the zombie cross the river?) and then it would have to be able to remember its target, without seeing it, the entire time it would take for it to cross the river. Might be a neat trick for a half-living though.

Don't forget the currents... Dunno about else where but Pittsburgh's rivers are sandy bottoms. Might not provide the best traction.

H. P. Lovecraft
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Rocky new England shores, choppy waves and cold Atlantic water.

Zombies wouldn't last long.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

say652 wrote:Rocky new England shores, choppy waves and cold Atlantic water.

Zombies wouldn't last long.

I figure zombies would suffer damage like any corpse submerged in water, bloating and eventual disintegration, zombie soup anyone?

H. P. Lovecraft
SittingBull
Hero

Well zombies, like in World War Z, are not affected by pressure from deep waters or being frozen completely solid. As for being damaged by the surf and the rocks, it could damage or destroy some but zombies are rough and tumble, thus the AR 14 being there as 'a lot of blows landing that don't affect the zombie except cosmetically'.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

SittingBull wrote:Well zombies, like in World War Z, are not affected by pressure from deep waters or being frozen completely solid. As for being damaged by the surf and the rocks, it could damage or destroy some but zombies are rough and tumble, thus the AR 14 being there as 'a lot of blows landing that don't affect the zombie except cosmetically'.

Z nation had a frozen zombie. But thats just realism.

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. Maybe it's just me but a rotting corpse in the water... Armor or no it's going to take damage, not only from fish, kinda like the heart attack in a hot tub.

H. P. Lovecraft
SittingBull
Hero

Well zombies don't have blood so bends isn't an issue. They can, and many do, have wounds to their body cavities so deep pressure is moot point then. In almost every zombie genre, animals don't like zombies. I would say this would include fish and other carrion feeders of the sea. Now in some zombie genres the zombies decay slower then a 'normal' decaying corpse. A zombie doesn't need air or oxygen, so as long as their cellular walls don't rupture when they thaw (or if that would even matter to them) they could easily be frozen solid on the tundra. Then months later, when it gets warmer, the zombie would become 'conscious' when enough of it was exposed to air temperature and mobile once more when it's limbs were tree to move.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

SittingBull wrote:Well zombies don't have blood so bends isn't an issue. They can, and many do, have wounds to their body cavities so deep pressure is moot point then. In almost every zombie genre, animals don't like zombies. I would say this would include fish and other carrion feeders of the sea. Now in some zombie genres the zombies decay slower then a 'normal' decaying corpse. A zombie doesn't need air or oxygen, so as long as their cellular walls don't rupture when they thaw (or if that would even matter to them) they could easily be frozen solid on the tundra. Then months later, when it gets warmer, the zombie would become 'conscious' when enough of it was exposed to air temperature and mobile once more when it's limbs were tree to move.

Well, not overly concerned with the physiological conditions, just the effects on environment on a body, there are, preferably, genres that account for the decay of dead flesh undead or not. Unless we bring magic in the equation how does one equate the delayed process of decay. IRL the process of decay beings the moment a person dies and can only be delayed via refrigeration. And what of embalmed bodies...

H. P. Lovecraft

Return to “Dead Reign™”