Great inspiration for Recon

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ghost2020
Adventurer

Great inspiration for Recon

Unread post by ghost2020 »

If you haven't done so, check out Matthew Reilly's novels:
Temple
Ice Station
Area 7

Great military reading that would be great inspiration for a Recon or N&SS game, or even a Heroes game.
:D
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

I've got a suggestion, "The Warlod" by Richard H. Dickinson. It's about a three star general who goes on a visit to Afghanistan, attends a meeting with local warlords, and all the problems that extend from that meeting. The plot is fairly typical, it plays out just the way you might think. What happens to, and between, the characters, on the other hand, isn't so typical and makes the book worth reading. It's a fast read, but it should provide you with some ideas for a campaign.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Don Pendleton and the number of series he created or inspired are good places as well, perhaps. They are not always the best stories, but the ideas are usually pretty good and cover a range of topics.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”