Youngest possible

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Youngest possible

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

What is the youngest age possible to be a Cyber-Knight? Is it possible to be a child Cyber-Knight?
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Re: Youngest possible

Unread post by Mack »

Theoretically? Yes. Practically, it would be difficult.

Per SoT4 p26, it requires "years" of training under a Cyber-Knight of at least 6th level. That Knight is unlikely to sit around a nice, quiet area where it's safe to train a small child. Rather, he's going to be traveling and fighting, so the squire needs to be old enough to accompany him.

However, I don't think a firm age has evr been published.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Itwouldalsodepend on the race of the being in question.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

I was thinking about the offspring of two Cyber-Knights, raised by them as they traveled the countryside and learning from them as they grew older. If all he ever learned was how to be a Cyber-Knight, what would the youngest age be? I was thinking early to mid-teens, 12-16 years old.
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

There might be another factor that would limit when you become a Cyber-Knight... The Cyber-Armor* itself since it can't grow with the subject, and would have to be removed and replaced with another version to accommodate any growth of the subject (so mid to late teens, it 15-18). I would imagine that other cybernetic/bionic implants also have this issue unless you go Full-Conversion.

*this is the Pre-Living evolution status they get after a certain level as of the SoT/RUE update. The RMB-era version of the CK doesn't get this "update", so its regular old Cyber Armor.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

When you start them too young, you end up with Anakin Skywalker. Dp upi rea;;u wamt a whiney little brat running around? LOL
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Rifts®”