Fan Created Rune Blades.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Fan Created Rune Blades.

Unread post by say652 »

As I love and use so much Fan material in my GM sessions, does anyone have any Rune Weapons they would like to share??
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: Fan Created Rune Blades.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

I like rune weapons with unique abilities rather than commonly known spells cast into them for use.

That being said I've got a few...don't have stats on me, but I'll give descriptions:

Masakari of the Waves: a Japanese hand axe with the power of the water Dragon. Has an unstoppable "wave" attack, can heal the user, speak with water creatures/elements, shroud an area in magic fog and allows the user to breathe water.

The Gate of Hell: a demon rune sword with the power to open the gates of the end of days in a target area. Pure destruction taints the area, killing nearly everything, but it corrupts the user, making them into a slave to demonkind.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

I had the Rune Wrench of Doo-han which housed the insane soul of an Atlantean wanderer-engineer who thought, split-personality, that he was a TV actor or a fictional sci-fi engineer. Could dispense acting advice or mechanical engineering tips with equal proficiency. Had a wicked ability to cast and re-direct Sphere of Annihilation attacks. :P
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

First attempt.

Kopesh of The Sun.
5D6md.
+1 Strike and Parry.

Provides following minor super powers.
Impervious to Fire and Heat, All types.
Energy Expulsion Light.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

say652 wrote:First attempt.

Kopesh of The Sun.
5D6md.
+1 Strike and Parry.

Provides following minor super powers.
Impervious to Fire and Heat, All types.
Energy Expulsion Light.

That's just stats. What makes a rune weapon special is its personality.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Ok,this is useful information. One of the reason I don't use Rune weapons is I actually know very little about them.

So instead of the typical slap some numbers on paper I should develop the weapons personality first??
taalismn
Priest

say652 wrote:Ok,this is useful information. One of the reason I don't use Rune weapons is I actually know very little about them.

So instead of the typical slap some numbers on paper I should develop the weapons personality first??

The thing that's so intriguing/horrifying about Rune Weapons is that they were once SOMEBODY.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

The best part of rune weapons is bringing them to life with a personality. I made this one for a fantasy game I'm currently in:

AZOMIR THE UNFORGIVEN

Type: Shortbow; Greater Rune Weapon
Damage: 4D6 for arrows shot from it and 1D4×10 for short spears shot when braced properly.
Alignment: Principled
Powers:
1. Independent personality with an average to high I.Q..
2. Communicates through limited telepathy.
3. Totally indestructible; the bow and string can flex and bend as expected for such a weapon.
4. Made of blue grey metal and upon the flat sides there ar small engravings of scales not unlike a dragon. upon those scales almost to small to see is a single rune upon each of them! The “string” appears to be a thin braided metal wire.
5. Confers its damage upon the objects (arrows or short spears) fired from it.
6. Links itself to its wielder/owner within six months of constant contact. Thus, both user and weapon can sense each other’s presence within a four mile radius if separated.
7. Adds +1 to all saving throws.
8. Can be used only by a person of a particular alignment (good). Characters of a selfish or evil alignment take 2D4 points of damage each time they touch the weapon or 3D6 damage if a creature of magic.
9. Healing/Cleric abilities. Possesses all of the following: Heal wounds, 2D6 hit points and 2D6 S.D.C. (or 2D6 M.D.C.;Healing can be performed six times per 24 hour period); Remove curse, 1-56% chance of success (once daily); Turn 4D6 dead, duration four hours, 1-55% chance of success (four times daily); Animate & command 2D6 dead, duration four hours, l-64% chance of success (two times daily).

Curse: None currently known.

Personality: Azomir always introduces itself to a new wielder as “Azomir, the Unforgiven,” but never reveals why. Whatever earned it that title has (presumably) caused it to be quiet and reserved, seldom speaking to its wielder again after that. When Azomir does speak it is with a great reluctance, and only when something it feels is of great importance needs to be said.

History: Azomir was originally commissioned and wielded by Sorazel Rhul, the last of the Clerics, during the Elf-Dwarf war. It is said that the destruction of her order drove her to forsake all her oaths in order to wield this weapon of vengeance against those responsible. The regret of this unforgivable violation of the Cleric way was imprinted upon Azomir on purpose, so that the price of her vengeance would never be forgotten.

The rarity of a rune bow compared to lesser magical bows has made this weapon’s place in history and legend difficult to discern. There are a number of vague tales throughout history of heroes who have wielded a magical bow, and in any of those stories the bow in question could just as easily be Azomir. The last such tale possibly places it in the Northern Wilderness, somewhere within the disputed lands.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

Here's a bunch from our Rifts campaign. Some of these aren't "unique," but the personalities the G.M. assigned to them were:

Appolyesties/Tesephone
Aegis
Conan
Fractal Staff
Eye-Gouge the Obfuscator
Grimoire
Lytsong, the Redeemer
Sherlock
Sigrun Ovar
The Lobotomizer
Veiled Threat
Wyndstrom

And then we found this book, which had a tantalizing list of ancient rune weapons - some of which were familiar, some of which were not, but all were on the loose. Ancient Dwarven Manifest

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Amazing. Thank you very much.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

You ready for this? I had to pull it from my e-mails - this was probably the absolute most bizarre rune weapon our G.M. devised for us. It was birthed to us in the form of an angel by a unicorn after we completed Catherine the Great's 7 great horse riddles while trekking through Russia. No joke.

HEXENHAMMER - Der Hexenhammer is a holy rune weapon and relic that is the living embodiment of Saint Otto in Orthodox Catholicism. Saint Otto, himself, sacrificed his life to imbue the weapon with its anointed, holy power. In life, while Otto wielded der Hexenhammer, the war hammer was a bludgeoning instrument of death. It was normal-sized for a war hammer wielded by a human and intended for close-quarters combat -- and could be used in conjunction with a shield. It had a spike on one side of the head used for puncturing armor, gripping flesh, and being more versatile.

Now that Saint Otto has sacrificed himself to be implanted into the weapon he has imbued it with tremendous holy power and a choir of angelic glory. The shaft / handle has extended like a maul or sledgehammer – in burnished black and russet; the hammer-head has disappeared and in its place, mounted by Divine Providence, is the holy tome of the Pentateuch (first five books of the Catholic Bible) with its pages flung wide open and petrified. On the opposite side is mounted the holy book of the Qur’an with its pages open as well. The two books are mounted, back-to-back, and petrified with a glittering veneer of gold. The ancient words of the texts appear in Aramaic, memorialized in solid gold indentation. The holy books appear to be held in place by a brace of two skulls – one sitting astride each open book – and humanoid in nature. Each skull sheds real tears of blood constantly (the blood is very real in look, touch, smell, and taste – it magically evaporates after a few minutes from whatever surface it has stained).

Der Hexenhammer sings (the skulls mouths move and emit audible prayers, hymns, psalms, and holy praises in an ancient language – spoken as extinct Semitic Akkadian – when it is swung in adjudication of the profane and unholy -- amongst its foes, it is recognizable on site as (full name) Der Hexenhammer, The Gavel of Adjudication from the Hand of God and the Advent of Your Salvation (also known as the "Gavel of Judgment" or just "Salvation"), and has a Horror Factor of 17 to Witches, Cultists, Necromancers, and all beings of Supernatural Evil -- including Night Lords, Gods, and Creatures of Magic.

This weapon may only be used by beings of Good – with an alignment of either Principled, Scrupulous, or Aberrant. A wielder of Principled or Scrupulous alignment will, over time, gradually slide toward Aberrant (and, consequently, no longer able to hold Hexenhammer) due to the telepathic link to Saint Otto. In 2d4 months the alignment will slide one-degree toward aberrant but skipping all selfish and miscreant alignments. After one year the alignment of its wielder will slip one more degree toward Aberrant if it hadn’t already become so on the first slide. The code of honor is as follows:

Mercy shall be granted to Repentant Sinners who submit to the Judgement of The Gavel of Adjudication from the Hand of God and the Advent of Your Salvation.

The good man may stand alone but others will follow; he leads by example.

There can be no greater truth than to be true to that which is right and good.

Trust thy heart and let the Hand of God guide thee.

Love and compassion are good.

Wickedness is weakness and tolerance is weaker still.

Forget not these things for from them springs the clarity of truth, the strength to be merciful and kind, and the courage to do what needs to be done.

It has all the normal abilities of a Greatest Rune Weapon. Indestructible. Alignment: Aberrant. IQ: 17. Damage: 2d4x10 M.D. x3 to beings of supernatural evil and creatures of magic, x5 to demon lords, evil gods, alien intelligences, and Nightlords.

Repentance: Der Hexenhammer has the power to compel repentance from his target (cannot be used on demon lords, Nightlords, or gods). Range: 10ft. Usable only once per target – the wielder must announce to all his Judgement of the target. The victim gets a save versus mind control with M.E. bonuses – 16 vs. humans, d-bees, mortals, lesser demons and sub-demons, 13 vs. greater supernatural creatures and creatures of magic. If the victim repents in earnest then forgiveness is granted and life is spared. Each target gets only one chance to repent and may do so during the initial action when Horror Factor is rolled. If save vs. HF fails the victims are -3 to save vs. Repentance. Depending on the saving throws the target who repents must be publicly denounced, his Judgement pronounced, and Absolution granted.

The wielder of the Gavel of Judgement will take no further action against the repented foe and will command all to respect and obey his Judgement. A repentant enemy will have a “change of heart” and will not press the attack – only defend itself and / or attempt to flee from the sight of the Gavel. It will not even come to the defense of its evil brethren and monstrous cohorts – feeling distant from the evil and aggressive nature of its former allies. Those who defy the Judgement of Der Hexenhammer even if they are friends of the wielder risk his righteous indignation and pious fury.

The powers of Repentance are temporary for they cannot change a being from its true nature forever. Within 1d4 days the old feelings of evil and aggression begin to return and within 1d4 weeks, if the creature is still alive it will completely revert back to its former self. However, as is often the case with deserters and turncoats, they are seen by their former allies as in league with the enemy or outcasts. These repentant “converts” are usually hunted down and killed on sight for their weakness and betrayal.

Winged Flight: Similar to the spell, the wielder of this holy sledgehammer may sprout giant, angelic, white, feathered wings 1x per day at 12th level power. The wings glow with light and gold and can be formed through body armor with no damage to the recipient. Flying speed = P.S. x5 in miles per hour.

Aura of Power: Similar to the spell, the wielder of this holy sledgehammer may use this ability 1x per day at 12th level power. Effectively makes the characters seem 3 levels higher, 50% stronger, and an M.A. +1d4+2, lasts for 12 minutes.

Sense Evil: Similar to the spell, the wielder may use this ability 1x per day. Range: 1000ft, for approximately 25 minutes. Feel or sense the presence of evil, especially supernatural evil, how many (one, a few (2-6), several (7-14), many (more than 15)), pinpoint general location of the source(s) to a particular room(s), object, person, or distance (close, near, far).

Beat Insurmountable Odds: Similar to the spell, the wielder may use this ability 1x per day. Duration: 1 specific action / a few seconds. Warps the probability of one specific event or action in the favor of the wielder. One in a thousand (or less) odds (8 or higher on an unmodified strike roll) – strike / parry rolls (+4 for half melee), dodge (automatic and successful and may dodge as many as 3 opponents simultaneously), skill rolls, physical feats / actions, etc. It can also be used against MC, poisons, possessions, and disease but NOT versus magic and other psionic attacks. Can grant +40% to save vs coma/death. One in a million odds (15 or higher on an unmodified strike roll).

Following: As a side effect of wielding Der Hexenhammer one will accumulate a following. The Mythos of Saint Otto will live on and the wielder will be the new face of the Holy Avenger. After each month the wielder gains some notoriety in circles of followers and the fearful. Religious worshippers will begin to speak and spread rumors until, after a year, the Sect of Saint Otto is fully revived and reinstated. The wielder may encounter followers during his travels and form a congregation if he desires. The innocents are ignorant and uneducated and they tend to fall easy prey to the mythos of the Saint and Der Hexenhammer. Should they begin to follow the wielder as a religious icon it could become difficult to keep them out of harm’s way.

Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

Here's an example of some rune weapon personalities. Keep in mind, the rune weapons in our game were extraordinarily powerful - I wouldn't expect normal rune weapons to create illusionary domains to chit-chat like this: A conversation with Lytsong and Tesephone.

In fact, the G.M. made my rune sword Lytsong such a personality that I kept her despite the crappy curse she had. He made that weapon a personality, and it was awesome. There's a bunch of conversations we had interspersed throughout the character's logs and journal entries from that game.

Rifts: Atlantis did a lot of very cool things, but one thing they did poorly was made Rune items just another powerful item. Palladium Fantasy gives short backstories and histories to most of their weapons, and it's really cool. Library of Bletherad and Northern Hinterlands are two books which spring to mind that have several examples.

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Glistam wrote:Here's a bunch from our Rifts campaign. Some of these aren't "unique," but the personalities the G.M. assigned to them were:

Appolyesties/Tesephone
Aegis
Conan
Fractal Staff
Eye-Gouge the Obfuscator
Grimoire
Lytsong, the Redeemer
Sherlock
Sigrun Ovar
The Lobotomizer
Veiled Threat
Wyndstrom

And then we found this book, which had a tantalizing list of ancient rune weapons - some of which were familiar, some of which were not, but all were on the loose. Ancient Dwarven Manifest

The Conan Blade, would it allow a Cyborg Wielder?
That would make a prefect weapon for my character as he normally fights alone.
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

I have a character that uses a rune katana (on occasion) but I don't remember anything really special about it.

on the other hand she has a rather sick compound bow she made herself that isn't actually a rune weapon, but is extremely disturbing.
the bow is made of enhanced molecularly bonded alloys, mono-molecular spring alloys and a braided diamond monofilament "string" it is set for her strength (approximately a 3+ ton draw) and fires "special" arrows the shafts of her standard arrows are cold iron with silver inlay and partial silvering, the heads of the "regular" arrows she uses are depleted uranium. and she has 20 of them in a quiver that are enchanted with a "returning" effect.

the big intelligent item she has is actually her steed, which is a monst-rex with an AI that was made from a "copy" of her mind but the AI has a couple quarks such as that it is effectively a Kleptomaniac and will steal just about anything that isn't nailed down (and if she can grab it, it isn't nailed down.) or won't be totally obvious that the item is missing ie there needs to be several of them.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

say652 wrote:
Glistam wrote:Here's a bunch from our Rifts campaign. Some of these aren't "unique," but the personalities the G.M. assigned to them were:

Appolyesties/Tesephone
Aegis
Conan
Fractal Staff
Eye-Gouge the Obfuscator
Grimoire
Lytsong, the Redeemer
Sherlock
Sigrun Ovar
The Lobotomizer
Veiled Threat
Wyndstrom

I don't see why not.

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Glistam wrote:
say652 wrote:

Appolyesties/Tesephone
Aegis
Conan
Fractal Staff
Eye-Gouge the Obfuscator
Grimoire
Lytsong, the Redeemer
Sherlock
Sigrun Ovar
The Lobotomizer
Veiled Threat
Wyndstrom

I don't see why not.

Thank you.

Gravy so far has currently.
PS Stalker frame.
LIB2 armor.

Nephco S12.
Ps Pulverizer.
Conan Sword.

I guess for my final weapon choice I should find a pistol.
taalismn
Priest

"Well, at least we know what happened to 'Munchkin Bob'."
"Indeed, made into a Rune Spoon..."
"If I could I would gouge your eyes out." :evil:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Having fun using the Pulverizer and wow Conan is a mighty weapon.
The auto shotgun may get cut from my gear list.
Compared to The Pulverizer and Conan Sword its a waste of Space.
taalismn
Priest

say652 wrote:Having fun using the Pulverizer and wow Conan is a mighty weapon.

Yeah, but you gotta carry shells for the Pulverizer...(To those of you unfamiliar with Paladin Steel, the Pulverizer is an 80mm pump-action cyborg cannon...to anybody who's into the Appleseed manga, it's the sort of big bore cannon you'd expect Briareos or other gunbunny cyborgs would carry around just to make people $#!+ themselves looking down the muzzle bore ).
Though admittedly you could go airborne with the recoil...Frag-slam your pursuers and boost yourself over a wall in the process....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

taalismn wrote:
say652 wrote:Having fun using the Pulverizer and wow Conan is a mighty weapon.

Yeah, but you gotta carry shells for the Pulverizer...(To those of you unfamiliar with Paladin Steel, the Pulverizer is an 80mm pump-action cyborg cannon...to anybody who's into the Appleseed manga, it's the sort of big bore cannon you'd expect Briareos or other gunbunny cyborgs would carry around just to make people $#!+ themselves looking down the muzzle bore ).
Though admittedly you could go airborne with the recoil...Frag-slam your pursuers and boost yourself over a wall in the process....

Two Bandoliers and a belt. Gives me 30 rounds.
I'm also a 6 foot 7 inch full Conversion cyborg with a Robot PS 35.
That and the pig sticker are more than enough fire power.
taalismn
Priest

Make sure you have an energy weapon for backup...and an induction link so you can power it off your cyborg or vehicular powerplant...just in case.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

PM me your email and I'll send my file 'o' items.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Ron's Pleasure club.

This rune weapon appears as an over sized male rod, covered in runes. It is believed to be made from a powerful pervert suffering from a incurable STD.

When used in combat it deals 5d6 md however if the target is male it deals 1d6X10.
If thrown it will fly 120 feet to strike the target and then return.
It can shoot carpet of adhesion 80 feet away once ever 6 hours. (force equal to 9 level mage)
Can create an illusion of peak pleasure in the user upon command. (loose inactive and only can take 1 attack last 30 seconds)
It can only be used by females. Any male attempting to use it takes 2d4 md per 15 seconds he tries to use it.

(This joke item may not be in the best taste but it shows up in my games from time to time first time it was wielded by a blind warrior woman.)
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Unread post by Dr Megaverse »

It may be a bit overpowered however I like the flavor of it. I've always had a weakness for weapons which the use can't get rid of until some horrible thing happens.

PRODITOR

Type: Poignard; Greatest Rune Weapon
Damage: 4D6 for normal attacks, 1D4×10 for attacks which are an act of betrayal, 4d4x10 as an act of betrayal against a loved one.

Alignment: Diabolic

Powers:
1. Independent personality with three individual intelligences inhabiting the blade.
2. Communicates through telepathy.
3. Totally indestructible
4. Made of jet black metal which is always cold to the touch regardless of climate or circumstance.
5. Links itself to its wielder/owner immediately.
6. Can be used by any alignment, however if an unscrupulous or evil character wields it the time to drive the wielder to committing acts of betrayal is hastened.
7. Grants the following abilities each usable 3 times per day: Invisibility (Superior), Trance, and Charm
8. Grants Mind Block as long as the weapon is in the wielder’s possession.
9. Soul Drinker

Curse: Once picked up the weapon cannot be discarded until used in an act of betrayal

Personality:

Due to Proditor's birth as a weapon of betrayal the three intelligences which inhabit it crave for the weapon to be used in an act of betrayal to sate their hatred and bitterness at their own deaths. The three inhabitants will all make contact with the wielder upon it being picked up and will steadily begin to influence the owner of the weapon. The contentious nature of the three means each will attempt to cast doubt upon what the other two say and the constant bombardment of all threes personalities will steadily wear down the trust the wielder has for their friends and especially their loved ones.

The inhabitants will sow distrust and paranoia in the wielder until eventually the wielder suffers a mental break (5% chance per 30 days the blade is owned, +5% per 30 days for miscreant, aberrant and diabolic aligned characters) and will attempt to betray a friend or especially loved one. The powers infused into the blade are designed to allow the wielder to keep their steadily progressing madness from showing and to allow the wielder to commit their act of betrayal without detection until the moment of betrayal. The blade will always attempt to make the target of betrayal a loved one, with a wife/husband/lover being its preferred targets. The blade is cursed and cannot be discarded until an act of betrayal has been committed by the wielder and any attempt to free oneself of the blade will cause it to return regardless of distance, thus ensuring the blade’s desire for betrayal is met by each wielder.

Once an act of betrayal has been committed all effects upon the wielder's mental health and psyche will cease leaving them with the horrible knowledge of what they have done. Only after such an act can the weapon be discarded, should the wielder so wish, for another to find and repeat the same hideous cycle.

History:

A powerful lord sought to leave his wife for another woman he had fallen in love with and the man resolved to kill his wife to be free for the woman he loved. Unbeknownst to the lord the woman he had fallen in love with was an old enemy of his wife who sought her death to repay a slight.

The wife's enemy had bargained with a dark god to forge a blade which would allow her to charm the lord and make him believe he was in love with the woman. She also asked that the blade allow her charmed pawn to have the ability to sneak up on his target and murder her in silence, and then the blade should release the husband from its charm so he would know what he had done before she killed him for his betrayal. The dark god agreed to forge such a weapon for the sacrifice of the two but unbeknownst to the woman the blade was also designed to betray her as well once she went to strike the killing blow she intended to deliver to the lord.

The day of the lord and his lover’s plans came to pass and using the invisibility of the blade the lord stalked his wife to her rooms and plunged the blade into her heart. As the man’s mind cleared from his enchantment he became aware of the horrible deed he had done he dropped his weapon and fell to the floor weeping. The woman, watching from an anteroom, witnessed this act and seizing the opportunity grabbed the blade and plunged the dagger into the lord’s heart from behind.

The magic laid upon the blade then activated and entrapped the souls of all three. The three were now destined to be trapped forever in the tortuous hell that was the blade where all three would spend eternity in unending enmity for each other.
taalismn
Priest

Dr Megaverse wrote:It may be a bit overpowered however I like the flavor of it. I've always had a weakness for weapons which the use can't get rid of until some horrible thing happens.

PRODITOR
The magic laid upon the blade then activated and entrapped the souls of all three. The three were now destined to be trapped forever in the tortuous hell that was the blade where all three would spend eternity in unending enmity for each other.

Ow....that's a perfect mystic example of Sartre's 'hell is other people'.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

taalismn wrote:
Dr Megaverse wrote:It may be a bit overpowered however I like the flavor of it. I've always had a weakness for weapons which the use can't get rid of until some horrible thing happens.

PRODITOR

Ow....that's a perfect mystic example of Sartre's 'hell is other people'.

And that's why sister wives wasn't one of my good ideas. Lol
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Forrest Harrow

A curling spiral of white metal attached to a golden basket hilt

Scrupulous

Damage: 6d6 to evil beings, 4d6 to selfish beings, 2d6 to good beings

Powers
1. The bearer has the psionic powers of Sense Evil, Sense Magic, and Sixth Sense always active
2. 130 ISP to use on all healing, all sensitive, and the super psionic powers of Group Mind Block, Block Breaker, Cure Insanity
3. On touch the blade will cast the spell "Exorcism" on what ever it hits
4. If a target is possessed the weapon does no damage to the host, and double damage to the possessing spirit
5. The sword is treated as a permanent Blood Ward spell, and is a sacred as per a Holy Symbol
6. Spell casting: Life Blast, Undo Undead, Exorcism, Circle of Protection (lesser) (must be used to draw the circle), Bio-Blast, Destroy Undead Flesh. A total of 8 spells per 24 hours

Forest Harrow was made ages ago from the soul of an elder unicorn. Its purpose was to defend the world of its origin against a plague of possessing undead. The result of that battle are not known, but the blade has been seen on worlds through out the Megaverse for at 19,000 years (19,872 years when it was used at the battle of Enders Point on the world of Shalla). If found it will beg to be used, or if not to be passed on to one who can use it.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

This is a ridiculous weapon designed to give to a munchkin to teach them a lesson and likely kill them or **** them off in the end.
Spoiler:
Cora’mir the Chimera
A Chimera is composed of multiple animals parts and Cora’mir is no exception. It is a fine weapon composed of several magical items each powerful on their own but combined they are surpassed by none.
The parts that compose Cora’mir are:
    The Diamond of Ithan has to be a fake diamond as it is around 430 carats in size, completely colorless, cut as a brilliant round with an extended pavilion, and would be considered flawless except there is a silver rune for power in the middle of the crystal… but it isn’t. It was a perfectly flawless diamond until Ithan (creator of the famous armor spell) used it in his further defensive spell research. Some say that when Ithan was researching invulnerability he accidentally rediscovered rune magic and in the following tragic accident bound his soul to the diamond. This is supported by the presence of a life force. It exhibits no personality and is constantly warm (body heat) to the touch unless it’s being drained of energy. The diamond is a PPE battery capable of temporarily storing a great deal of energy. if rapidly filled (within 5 seconds) it will heat enough for the water in the air to turn to steam feels about 100F. As it is emptied it cools, if entirely drained from a single spell it will cool enough for air around it to condensate and freeze liquid, like touching an ice cube around 0F. As it fills it warms up, Both are uncomfortable but not seriously damaging (1d6 SDC if touched). This PPE can be used to power the spells locked within the stone or drawn out to power the users own spells. Of course the diamond is completely and utterly indestructible.
    Name: Diamond of Ithan
    Abilities:
     Indestructible
     Cast the following spells:
     Invulnerability
     Super Healing,
     Generate:
     11PPE / 2.4hrs
     Absorb:
     The stone may be used to absorb up to 110 points of PPE
     From:
     Ambient energy (leylines, nexi, etc.)
     Sacrifice (if the ritual is known)
     Spells (either cast upon it or parried by the user)
     absorbing a single PPE of any non-directed/permanent/standing spell (walls, wards, carpets, golems etc.) will cancel it
     Store:
     110 self generated PPE
     An additional 110 absorbed PPE can be temporarily stored.
     Two days after absorption this energy is released as light
     1KLux per PPE (between 30 and 130 KLux = Staring at the Sun)
     Dissipates at a rate of 1KLux/turn

The Thread of Binding seems to be a messily created tassel made of silver string. It is actually made of twisted silver rectangle links that form a fine chain. On the long sides of each link are impossibly small runes engraved into the silver. Twice per day this chain can be used to cast magic net or carpet of adhesion. If brought close to any gem it will move of its own accord somewhat like an octopus and envelop the gem in its mass of threads the longest two threads jutting straight out from opposite sides of the gem as if it was a solid needle piercing the gem. After a few moments inside the “cage” cracks will form across the gem and then the gem will suddenly crumble with an explosive crack… nothing else happens.
    Name: Thread of Binding
    Abilities:
     Indestructible
     Can cast a total of two spells per day, the user can choose from the following.
     Magic net
     Carpet of adhesion
     When held the thread will attempt to grasp the nearest gem.
     If it gets a hold of a gem
     The gem will develop fractures after 15 seconds
     The gem will shatter into dust with a bang after a minute per carat

The Generator Stone is a psychic crystal energy rod from a dimension that is said to be the origin of over a thousand kinds of magic. This is different from others of its kind in that it has a symbiotic relationship with another item. It is also unique in that it is Indestructible, an ability usually only found in greater weapons. If removed from the symbiotic relationship it will cause the whole construct to break into its individual components.
    Name: Generator Stone
    Abilities:
     Indestructible
     Energize Wand (1 ISP per 2 melees in use or minutes unused)
     Damage: 2d6 blunt weapon
     Energy Bolt (6 ISP)
     Damage: 4d6
     Range: 100’
     Bonus: +5 strike
     Energy Field (50 ISP)
     Damage: 4d6 per melee/minute
     Radius: 9’
     Sparkling Balls of Energy (12 ISP for 3, 4 per each additional)
     Damage: 3d6
     Range: 60’
     Call Lightning (12 ISP)
     Damage: 1d6/lvl
     Range: 300’
     Dome of Energy (15 ISP per melee/minute)
     Damage: 1d6 when touched
     Impervious to non magic items and energies
     Can be pushed through but the person attempting to do so must spend an entire minute pushing. The person takes 5d6 damage and cannot attack or defend themselves

Starshard is a psychic crystal staff from the same dimension as the Generator Stone. It is also unique in that it is Indestructible, an ability usually only found in greater weapons. Though it may look like a scythe or sickle it has no sharp edges.
    Abilities:
     Indestructible

 Energize (1 ISP per four melees/minutes):
     Damage:
     4d6
     Adjustments:
     +1 Parry
     +1 Initiative
     +1 Dodge
     Can’t be Surprised
     Understand & Speak all Languages (5 ISP per 10 minutes per users level, limit three times per day)
     Resist Fear (10 ISP per use, 5 min per level of the user up to 3 times per day)
     +4 to save vs. fear (i.e. HF), +1 to Init.
     Paralysis Bolt (8 ISP)
     Paralysis last 6 minutes, save vs. magic
     Blinding Flash (4 ISP)
     those affected are -4 to strike, parry & dodge for 1d6 melees, save vs. magic
     Banish Supernatural Creature (12 ISP per attempt)
     Forces creatures to leave the area for at least an hour. Creatures higher leveled than you can roll to save 14+
     Resist Charm (12 ISP per 24 hours)
     +2 save vs. all charms
     Cure Disease (20 ISP)
     Cures any disease
     Natural healing occurs twice as fast
     Cloud of Health or Sickness
     Green: (40 ISP per melee/minute, 5’ radius per level)
     restores 2d6 damage
     relieves discomforts
     negates poison
     negates disease
     +50% save vs. coma or death
     Black: (40 ISP, 1d4 hours, 5' radius per level, save 16+ for ½ penalties)
     loose 2d6 damage
     suffer from: (for 1d4 hours)
     fever
     nausea
     stomach cramps
     -2 to Strike, Parry and Dodge
     Reduced Spd. and Attacks/ Melee by ½
     -2 save vs. sickness & poisons
     Cloud of Knowledge or Trouble (60 ISP, 1d4 hours, 5' r/lvl)
     Yellow:
     restores memories lost by mystic, psychic or natural means
     +20% on all skills
     +1 init.
     concentration is sharp and focused
     Blue: (save 16+ to reduce penalties by ½ )
     Bad luck
     -1 on ALL combat rolls
     -1 vs. magic and psionics
     -4 vs. illusions
     -2 vs. poison & disease
     -10% on all skills

The Dragon’s Spine is made of dragon bone and somewhat shaped like a narrow spine though it is far too small to be a dragon’s never mind that is a single piece, it is more likely that it is a claw of a very ancient dragon that was carved. Though it has a narrow edge along its “back” it isn’t sharp enough to cut and the tip can’t stab without great force behind it. It makes an effective club and throwing stick that flies incredibly far with excellent accuracy.
    Name: Dragon’s Spine
    Damage:
     1d6x2 as a throwing stick
     1d6 as a blunt
     1d6x10 to dragons
    Adjustments:
     +3 thrown
     +2 vs. magic from dragons
    Abilities:
     Indestructible
     Resistant to:
     Fire (half damage)
     Cold (half damage)
     Invulnerable to:
     All special powers or attacks of true dragons
     Impervious to psionics from dragons
     Fly as the Eagle at will
     Returns when thrown

The Drakeskull Staff is a unique Millennium Tree staff. In reality the item is only the top 8 inches and would be classified as a Millennium Tree wand due to its size but is considered a staff because of its power. The staff that runs through the wand is nothing but a normal stick and the appearance of this item varies greatly due to different sticks being used. Others have tried to “amp” up the power of this item by mounting it on a magic staff for some reason the Drakeskull Staff will consume any magic staff placed within it in a fire that has been known to burn for days (minutes equal to total level of spells/powers in it and mystic energy stored, for example 1x3rd, 2x1st and 1x5th level spell with 20 ISP and 10 PPE stored would burn for 40 minutes) on powerful staves before turning them to ash. As a melee weapon the Dragon staff is sorely lacking. As a mystic device it is exceptionally powerful.
    Name: Drakeskull Staff

Damage:
     1d4 as a blunt
     2d6 clawing strike
     6d6 to supernatural serpents
     2d% to vampires.
    Adjustments:
     -3 to strike
    Abilities:
     Indestructible
     See the invisible
     Invulnerable to:
     Serpents’ venom
     Serpents’ breath
     Fire
     Convert:
     1PPE to 2 ISP
     2 ISP to 1PPE
     When released and commanded to change the staff will turn into a miniature dragon (4’ tall, 16’ long, 8’ wingspan)
     Damage Capacity:
     60 SDC
     20 HP
     or 80 MDC (in high magic settings)
     Will vanish after reaching 0 or after 1 hour
     HF 10
     4 attacks/ melee
     4d6 bite
     1d6 claw
     PS (supernatural): 10
     Intelligence of a well trained dog
     Spd. 18
     Fly 20 mph
     Eagle Sight
     Breath silver nitrate plasma
     1d6 damage x 10 to creatures vulnerable to silver.
     50’ range
     5’ area of effect

Ithan’s Dart is what is formed when the Thread of Binding envelops the Diamond of Ithan it becomes what some have deemed Ithan’s Dart. When thrown it flies at the intended target with an extremely high degree of accuracy as if it is guided. When it impales someone (4+ damage) it will continue to do damage as the links allow the person to bleed out. It is especially hazardous to Vampires as it does damage it also emits an inner glow through the facets which make cross shaped shadows everywhere like some sort of holy disco ball, to make matters worse for the vamps it even sticks to their mist form. Once the target is dead or if the dart does not impale or misses the target it returns to the user’s hand.
Name: Ithan’s Dart
Damage:
 1d4 thrown
 1d% to vampires, ½ to those in a 10’ radius
Adjustments:
 +5 throw
Abilities:
 Indestructible
 Can cast a total of two spells per day, the user can choose from the following.
 magic net
 carpet of adhesion
 Invulnerability (25 PPE)
 Super-Healing (70 PPE)
 Generate:
 11PPE / 2.4hrs
 Absorb:
 From:
 absorbing a single PPE of any non-directed/permanent/standing spell (walls, wards, carpets, golems etc.) will cancel it
 Store:
 110 self generated PPE
 Two days after absorption this energy is released as sunlight
 Dissipates at a rate of 10KLux/turn
 Returns to user when thrown

Cora’mir’s Claw is what is formed when the Dragon Staff and Dragon’s Spine is combined in the correct configuration the narrowed edge takes on a metal sheen as it becomes a ridiculously sharp short sword as the spine expands and the edge turns to steel (hilt 10”, 23” blade, 30 overall 3lbs.). Cora’mir telepathically speaks to its welder “I am Cora’mir, you have assembled my flesh and bone, now find my heart, so we may become stronger. It is now of the hardest stone. I will point to it.” The dragon produced by the Drakeskull staff is amplified and carries the intellect of the blade.
Name: Cora’mir’s Claw

Damage:
 2d6 sword
 1d6 when thrown
 1d12x10 vs. supernatural serpents
 1d4x100 vs. vampires
Adjustments:
 +2 Parry & Strike
 +1 thrown
Abilities:
 Indestructible
 Never Dulls
 Telepathic link with user
 See the invisible
 Resistant to:
 Cold (half damage)
 Invulnerable to:
 Serpents’ venom
 Serpents’ breath
 Fire
 Special powers or attacks of true dragons
 psionics from dragons
 Convert:
 1PPE to 2 ISP
 2 ISP to 1PPE
 When released and commanded to change the sword will turn into a small dragon (8’ tall, 32’ long, 16’ wingspan)
 Damage Capacity:
 120 SDC
 40 HP
 or 160 MDC (in high magic settings)
 regenerate 1d6 per melee
 Will vanish after reaching 0 or after 3 hours
 HF 12
 5 attacks/ melee
 5d6 bite
 2d6 Claw
 PS (supernatural): 15
 Spd 19
 Fly 40 mph
 IQ: 10
 Eagle Sight
 2d6 damage x 20 to creatures vulnerable to silver.
 100’ range
 10’ area of effect

Cora’mir’s Claw becomes Cora’mir’s Heart when it is combined with the Dart of Ithan. The diamond is suspended by the thin metal thread in the crook of its blade; the blade also extends to the length of a long sword (10” hilt, 34” blade, 41” overall, 4lbs.). “Find my soul of crystalline power. I’ll guide you to more power to fell your enemies.” All the powers of the blade are increased.
Name: Cora’mir’s Heart

Damage:
 2d8 sword
 1d8 thrown
 2d12x10 vs. supernatural serpents
 1d6x100 vs. vampires and vampire intelligences
 1d% vs. vampires, ½ to vampires w/I 20'
 4d6, 250’ beam of light only effects creatures of darkness
Adjustments:
 +3 Parry & Strike
 +4 thrown
 +3 vs. magic from dragons
 +8 Supernatural PS
 +2 vs. poisons
 +6 vs. disease
 +100 DC natural AR 10 lasts 4 melees/ lvl. can be done 3 times per day
Abilities:
 Indestructible
 Never Dulls
 Can sense one another within 4 miles if separated.
 See the invisible
 Returns when thrown
 If the owner desires the entire sword is absorbed by the diamond in order for it to appear less dangerous or just so it is easier to carry (1lb).
 Glows with a radiant light when in the presence of creatures of darkness (e.g. vamps, AI, VI, etc)
 Resistant to:
 Cold (half damage)
 Invulnerable to:
 Serpents’ venom
 Serpents’ breath
 Fire
 psionics from dragons
 Generate:
 11PPE / 2.4hrs
 Absorb:
 From:
 Store:
 110 self generated PPE
 Convert:
 1PPE to 2 ISP
 2 ISP to 1PPE
 magic net
 carpet of adhesion
 Super-Healing (70 PPE)
 Healing Powers
 Regenerate
 owners damage at a rate of 1d6 per melee round
 Internal organs in 24 hrs
 Small appendage 48 hours
 Whole limb in 72 hours
 Doesn’t work on whole head or brain
 When released and commanded to change the sword will turn into a dragon (16’ tall, 64’ long, 32’ wingspan)
 Damage Capacity:
 240 SDC
 80 HP
 or 320 MDC (in high magic settings)
 regenerate 2d6 per melee
 Will vanish after reaching 0 or after 6 hours
 HF 14
 6 attacks/ melee
 6d6 bite
 3d6 Claw
 PS (supernatural): 20
 Spd. 20
 Fly 80 mph
 IQ: 14
 Eagle Sight
 3d6 damage x 50 to creatures vulnerable to silver.
 200’ range
 20’ area of effect

Cora’mir’s Heart becomes Cora’mir’s Soul when the Generator Stone is placed into the hilt. When the rod is energized a crystal blade forms with the sound of cracking glass (when deactivated the sound is like shattering glass). The crystal surrounds the diamond and extends past the tip of the sword making it the length of a bastard sword (16” hilt, 39” blade, 51” overall, 6lbs.). All of the powers of the blade are again magnified. “I have my soul and am more powerful. I shall lead you to the location of my last component, my true power placed in a dark shard. With it we will slay our foes.” All the blades powers are magnified either through mystic capabilities or through the natural enhancement of the crystal.
Name: Cora’mir’s Soul

Damage:
 2d10 sword
 1d10 thrown
 3d12x10 vs. supernatural serpents
 1d8x100 vampires and alien intelligences
 2d% vs. vampires and vampire intelligences, ½ to targets w/i 30'
 4d12, 500’ beam of light only effects creatures of darkness
Adjustments:
 +5 Parry
 +4 Strike
 +4 thrown
 +3 vs. magic from dragons
 +8 Supernatural PS
 +2 vs. poisons
 +6 vs. disease
 +1 initiative
 +1 dodge
 Can’t be surprised
 +200 DC natural AR 13 lasts 4 melees/ lvl. can be done 3 times per day
Abilities:
 Indestructible
 Never Dulls
 See the invisible
 Returns when thrown
 If the owner desires the entire sword is absorbed by the diamond in order for it to appear less dangerous or jut so it is easier to carry (1lb).
 Resistant to:
 Cold (half damage)
 Electricity (half damage)
 Heat (half damage)
 Energy attacks (half damage) including:
 Electricity
 Heat
 Energy Based Psionics and Magic
 Invulnerable to:
 Serpents’ venom
 Serpents’ breath
 Fire
 psionics from dragons
 possession
 Generate:
 11PPE / 2.4hrs
 660 ISP
 Absorb:
 From:
 Store:
 110 self generated PPE
 Convert:
 1PPE to 2 ISP
 2 ISP to 1PPE
 Crystal Skin (24 ISP per 10 melees or per skin):
 AR 20
 DC 24
 No damage from:
 Lightning blasts
 Flame
 Light beams (lasers)
 Awaken and awareness(12 ISP per hour):
 All allies w/I 20’ are awake and fully alert
 +2 initiative
 Can’t be surprised
 Only effective when group is “camped”
 magic net
 carpet of adhesion
 Super-Healing (70 PPE)
 When released and commanded to change the sword will turn into a dragon (32’ tall, 128’ long, 64’ wingspan)
 Damage Capacity:
 480 SDC
 160 HP
 or 640 MDC (in high magic settings)
 regenerate 3d6 per melee
 Will vanish after reaching 0 or after 12 hours
 HF 16
 7 attacks/ melee
 7d6 bite
 4d6 Claw
 PS (supernatural): 25
 Spd 21
 Fly 160 mph
 IQ: 18
 Eagle Sight
 4d6 damage x 80 to creatures vulnerable to silver.
 300’ range
 30’ area of effect

Cora’mir’s Soul becomes Cora’mir’s Apex when it is combined with the Starshard. The staff is placed along the back of the crystal blade. When the staff is energized a crystal blade forms with the sound of cracking glass (if it is removed the sound is like shattering glass). A darker colored crystal engulfs the end of the crystal sword making the sword about the size of a great sword (16” hilt, 56” blade, 68” overall, 7lbs.). This is the culmination of the blades true power. “Now I am whole and you are mine, we shall seek the retribution I deserve and bring my foe to ruin.”
Name: Cora’mir’s Apex

Alignment: Anarchist anyone touching the weapon of any other alignment will suffer 3d6 damage
Damage:
 2d%x2sword (2d20)
 1d%x2thrown (1d20)
 4d%x10 vs. supernatural serpents (4d12x10)
 1d%x100 vs. all creatures of darkness (1d10x100)
 3d%x10 vs. vampires and alien intelligences w/I 400’ (3d%), (½ to targets w/i 40')
 4d20x10 (4d20), 10,000’ (1000’) beam of light only effects creatures of darkness
Adjustments:
 +6 Parry
 -6 to parry energy shots
 +4 Strike
 +4 thrown
 +8 Supernatural PS
 +2 vs. poisons
 +6 vs. disease
 +2 initiative
 +2 dodge
 +1 to all saving throws
 Can’t be surprised
 +300 DC natural AR 16 lasts 4 melees/ lvl. can be done 3 times per day
Abilities:
 Drink Souls
 Mortals must roll a 14 or higher to save
 Immortals must roll a 16 or higher and get to add their bonus vs. lethal poisons.
 If the roll is failed the person is painfully changed to immobile, living crystal from the wound out.
 Once the victim is entirely changed they shatter into a sparkling cloud of crystal particles. Their last scream sounding crystalline.
 Indestructible
 Never Dulls
 See the invisible
 Returns when thrown
 Weapon and owner can sense each other in a 4 mile radius and the weapon can be summoned by the user from up to 5 miles per user lvl or the sword can choose to do so when within the 4 mile radius.
 If the owner desires the entire sword is absorbed by the diamond in order for it to appear less dangerous or jut so it is easier to Resistant to:
 Cold (half damage)
 Heat (half damage)
 Electricity
 Heat
 Invulnerable to:
 Serpents’ venom
 Serpents’ breath
 Fire
 psionics from dragons
 possession
 Generate:
 11PPE / 2.4hrs
 660 ISP
 Absorb:
 From:
 Store:
 110 self generated PPE
 Reduction:
 ½ ISP or PPE to use powers
 Convert:
 1PPE to 2 ISP
 2 ISP to 1PPE
 AR 20
 DC 24
 No damage from:
 Lightning blasts
 Flame
 Light beams (lasers)
 Awaken and alert (12 ISP per hour):
 All allies w/I 20’ are awake and fully alert when attacked
 +2 initiative
 Can’t be surprised
 Guards will not fall asleep
 Understand & Speak all Languages (5 ISP per 10 minutes per users level, limit three times per day)
 Resist Fear (10 ISP per use, 5 min per level of the user up to 3 times per day)
 +4 to save vs. fear (i.e. HF), +1 to Init.
 Paralysis Bolt (8 ISP)
 Paralysis last 6 minutes, save vs. magic
 Blinding Flash (4 ISP)
 those affected are -4 to strike, parry & dodge for 1d6 melees, save vs. magic
 Banish Supernatural Creature (12 ISP per attempt)
 Forces creatures to leave the area for at least an hour. Creatures higher leveled than you can roll to save 14+
 Resist Charm (12 ISP per 24 hours)
 +2 save vs. all charms
 Cure Disease (20 ISP)
 Cures any disease
 Natural healing occurs twice as fast
 Cloud of Health or Sickness
 Green: (40 ISP per melee/minute, 5’ radius per level)
 restores 2d6 damage
 relieves discomforts
 negates poison
 negates disease
 +50% save vs. coma or death
 Black: (40 ISP, 1d4 hours, 5' radius per level, save 16+ for ½ penalties)
 loose 2d6 damage
 suffer from: (for 1d4 hours)
 fever
 nausea
 stomach cramps
 -2 to Strike, Parry and Dodge
 Reduced Spd. and Attacks/ Melee by ½
 -2 save vs. sickness & poisons
 Cloud of Knowledge or Trouble (60 ISP, 1d4 hours, 5' r/lvl)
 Yellow:
 +20% on all skills
 +1 initiative
 Blue: (save 16+ to reduce penalties by ½)
 Bad luck
 -1 on ALL combat rolls
 -4 vs. illusions
 -10% on all skills
 Slash, Slash, Slash!!! (S3!) Can use the following spell like effects:
 Warped space by looking through the crystal blade
 *Annihilate when thrown at target. The dark crystal absorbs the blade and becomes a black energy sphere
 magic net by slashing an ‘x’ in the air toward the target
 Giant by thrusting the sword into the air over your head (sword grows too with no change to abilities)
 1 turn of Speed Weapon by spinning the sword around your index finger (this is one of the reasons why it has the ring)
 Sanctuary as long as the blade is spun over your head (this is the other reason)
 Armorbane by punching the armor with the hilt
 carpet of adhesion by drawing a line on the ground pointing toward the target |
 Impenetrable wall of force by drawing a line on the ground in front of you---
 Invulnerability by performing a roman salute
 Super-Healing by pressing the hilt over your heart, tip pointed down then pulling it across your chest.
 Leyline Shutdown by cutting across the leyline width wise.
 Mystic Portal by vertically slashing the air or a vertical surface (e.g. a wall)
 Swap Places by pointing at the target then the ground below you.
 Expel devils and demons from this dimension by throwing the sword into the air where it will hang suspended until all the demons or devils roll to save and are expelled or unaffected, it will then slowly drop back to the earth.
 89% vs. lesser
 44% vs. greater
 Circle of protection: superior by raising the sword above your head and stabbing it into the ground (duration 5 minutes per lvl.)
 Can cast the following spells
 Vicious Circle (175 PPE)
 Warrior Horde (550 PPE)
 When released and commanded to change the sword will turn into a giant dragon (64’ tall, 256’ long, 128’ wingspan)
 Damage Capacity:
 960 SDC
 320 HP
 or 1280 MDC (in high magic settings)
 regenerate 4d6 per melee
 Will vanish after reaching 0 or after 24 hours (e.g. may remain in dragon form indefinitely)
 HF 18
 8 attacks/ melee
 8d6 bite
 5d6 Claw
 PS (supernatural): 30
 Spd 22
 Fly 320 mph
 IQ: 26
 Eagle Sight
 5d6 damage x 100 to creatures vulnerable to silver.
 400’ range
 40’ area of effect
 Destruction?!? If ANYONE attempts to destroy the blade (striking, twisting,or otherwise, with INTENT), the entire blade will “shatter” (doing no damage to the welder… unless they did it) into a lethal cloud of fragments that strike the assailant causing 3d6x10 damage, 20% knock down (6d6x10, 40% knockdown on leylines), after which the cloud will coalesce into the dragon. “My destruction is impossible but yours is imminent.”
CURSE! Once the blade reaches this stage the player is filled with the desire to destroy Styphon (the pretender). Once completed the personality becomes submissive to that of the user. The dark crystal becomes the same color as the rest of the crystal and looses all S3! Abilities and all sword damage is a 10th listed damage (value given in parenthesis).
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
taalismn
Priest

For a minute there I thought the end sequence of collecting all those rune weapons would be an ominous power-up sequence, and a telepathic message : "ALL MY FATAL AND FLAWED CHILDREN ARE NOW GATHERED AS ONE. THE MISTAKES OF MY CREATION MAY NOW BE ERASED AND THE SPIRITS ENCAGED SET FREE. MAY MY BLIND QUEST FOR POWER ENDETH HERE AND THAT OF THOSE WHO SOUGHT TO WIELD MY MISTAKES AS WELL" followed by the weapons disintegrating(or exploding, and taking out a good chunk of real estate and everybody in it). :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

eliakon wrote:Forrest Harrow

A curling spiral of white metal attached to a golden basket hilt

Scrupulous

Damage: 6d6 to evil beings, 4d6 to selfish beings, 2d6 to good beings

Powers
1. The bearer has the psionic powers of Sense Evil, Sense Magic, and Sixth Sense always active
2. 130 ISP to use on all healing, all sensitive, and the super psionic powers of Group Mind Block, Block Breaker, Cure Insanity
3. On touch the blade will cast the spell "Exorcism" on what ever it hits
4. If a target is possessed the weapon does no damage to the host, and double damage to the possessing spirit
5. The sword is treated as a permanent Blood Ward spell, and is a sacred as per a Holy Symbol
6. Spell casting: Life Blast, Undo Undead, Exorcism, Circle of Protection (lesser) (must be used to draw the circle), Bio-Blast, Destroy Undead Flesh. A total of 8 spells per 24 hours

Forest Harrow was made ages ago from the soul of an elder unicorn. Its purpose was to defend the world of its origin against a plague of possessing undead. The result of that battle are not known, but the blade has been seen on worlds through out the Megaverse for at 19,000 years (19,872 years when it was used at the battle of Enders Point on the world of Shalla). If found it will beg to be used, or if not to be passed on to one who can use it.

I like this balanced and cool backstory.

Be perfect to put in the hands of Grifter Scholar Sea Inquisitor.
Now to squish this in to the Colorado Baronies some how??

I've used one off the list. The Mighty Conan.
I am now adding Forest Hollow to my Facebook game.
My Stalker Borg uses a Pulverizer and Conan Sword.

The Sea Inquisitor recently acquired a Rune Wakazashi, Forest Hollow would be a perfect Companion weapon for him.
And I will stress actually role-playing the blades personality as well.
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

taalismn wrote:For a minute there I thought the end sequence of collecting all those rune weapons would be an ominous power-up sequence, and a telepathic message : "ALL MY FATAL AND FLAWED CHILDREN ARE NOW GATHERED AS ONE. THE MISTAKES OF MY CREATION MAY NOW BE ERASED AND THE SPIRITS ENCAGED SET FREE. MAY MY BLIND QUEST FOR POWER ENDETH HERE AND THAT OF THOSE WHO SOUGHT TO WIELD MY MISTAKES AS WELL" followed by the weapons disintegrating(or exploding, and taking out a good chunk of real estate and everybody in it). :twisted:

You and me both... though I was expecting the player to find out that they just assembled an old "god's" soul and were being granted the privilege of having their flesh serve as it's new host... aka npc status.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Character has 190Mdc.
Deals around 6d6md with weapons.
Not really a munchkin campaign.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:For a minute there I thought the end sequence of collecting all those rune weapons would be an ominous power-up sequence, and a telepathic message : "ALL MY FATAL AND FLAWED CHILDREN ARE NOW GATHERED AS ONE. THE MISTAKES OF MY CREATION MAY NOW BE ERASED AND THE SPIRITS ENCAGED SET FREE. MAY MY BLIND QUEST FOR POWER ENDETH HERE AND THAT OF THOSE WHO SOUGHT TO WIELD MY MISTAKES AS WELL" followed by the weapons disintegrating(or exploding, and taking out a good chunk of real estate and everybody in it). :twisted:

That's cool what is that from? Naw I figure either kill the munchkin by mass combat with the fake Styphon and any henchies the sploogs throw at it or just tick off the munchkin by reducing his awesome weapon to almost a normal rune weapon.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Slight001 wrote:

You and me both... though I was expecting the player to find out that they just assembled an old "god's" soul and were being granted the privilege of having their flesh serve as it's new host... aka npc status.

Considers that as well as removing all powers and 1:100th it's power. But I've never seen a rune weapon with a gods soul likely because they don't have one.

Also because I want to use the real Styphon in my campaign to come squish the fake and I almost never have a munchkin in my group or if they are they're like some sort of wanna be munchkin that can't figure out puzzles or even how to bend the rule.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Zer0 Kay wrote:This is a ridiculous weapon designed to give to a munchkin to teach them a lesson and likely kill them or **** them off in the end.
Spoiler:
Cora’mir the Chimera
A Chimera is composed of multiple animals parts and Cora’mir is no exception. It is a fine weapon composed of several magical items each powerful on their own but combined they are surpassed by none.
    The Diamond of Ithan has to be a fake diamond as it is around 430 carats in size, completely colorless, cut as a brilliant round with an extended pavilion, and would be considered flawless except there is a silver rune for power in the middle of the crystal… but it isn’t. It was a perfectly flawless diamond until Ithan (creator of the famous armor spell) used it in his further defensive spell research. Some say that when Ithan was researching invulnerability he accidentally rediscovered rune magic and in the following tragic accident bound his soul to the diamond. This is supported by the presence of a life force. It exhibits no personality and is constantly warm (body heat) to the touch unless it’s being drained of energy. The diamond is a PPE battery capable of temporarily storing a great deal of energy. if rapidly filled (within 5 seconds) it will heat enough for the water in the air to turn to steam feels about 100F. As it is emptied it cools, if entirely drained from a single spell it will cool enough for air around it to condensate and freeze liquid, like touching an ice cube around 0F. As it fills it warms up, Both are uncomfortable but not seriously damaging (1d6 SDC if touched). This PPE can be used to power the spells locked within the stone or drawn out to power the users own spells. Of course the diamond is completely and utterly indestructible.
    Abilities:
     Indestructible
     Invulnerability
     Super Healing,
     Generate:
     11PPE / 2.4hrs
     Absorb:
     From:
     Store:
     110 self generated PPE

The Thread of Binding seems to be a messily created tassel made of silver string. It is actually made of twisted silver rectangle links that form a fine chain. On the long sides of each link are impossibly small runes engraved into the silver. Twice per day this chain can be used to cast magic net or carpet of adhesion. If brought close to any gem it will move of its own accord somewhat like an octopus and envelop the gem in its mass of threads the longest two threads jutting straight out from opposite sides of the gem as if it was a solid needle piercing the gem. After a few moments inside the “cage” cracks will form across the gem and then the gem will suddenly crumble with an explosive crack… nothing else happens.
    Abilities:
     Indestructible
     Magic net
     Carpet of adhesion

The Generator Stone is a psychic crystal energy rod from a dimension that is said to be the origin of over a thousand kinds of magic. This is different from others of its kind in that it has a symbiotic relationship with another item. It is also unique in that it is Indestructible, an ability usually only found in greater weapons. If removed from the symbiotic relationship it will cause the whole construct to break into its individual components.
    Abilities:
     Indestructible
     Energy Bolt (6 ISP)
     Energy Field (50 ISP)
     Can be pushed through but the person attempting to do so must spend an entire minute pushing. The person takes 5d6 damage and cannot attack or defend themselves

Starshard is a psychic crystal staff from the same dimension as the Generator Stone. It is also unique in that it is Indestructible, an ability usually only found in greater weapons. Though it may look like a scythe or sickle it has no sharp edges.
    Abilities:
     Indestructible

 Damage:
     4d6
     Adjustments:
     +1 Parry
     +1 Initiative
     +1 Dodge
     Can’t be Surprised
     Understand & Speak all Languages (5 ISP per 10 minutes per users level, limit three times per day)
     Resist Fear (10 ISP per use, 5 min per level of the user up to 3 times per day)
     Paralysis Bolt (8 ISP)
     Blinding Flash (4 ISP)
     Forces creatures to leave the area for at least an hour. Creatures higher leveled than you can roll to save 14+
     +2 save vs. all charms
     Cure Disease (20 ISP)
     Cures any disease
     restores 2d6 damage
     relieves discomforts
     negates poison
     negates disease
     loose 2d6 damage
     fever
     nausea
     stomach cramps
     Yellow:
     +20% on all skills
     +1 init.
     Bad luck
     -1 on ALL combat rolls
     -4 vs. illusions
     -10% on all skills

The Dragon’s Spine is made of dragon bone and somewhat shaped like a narrow spine though it is far too small to be a dragon’s never mind that is a single piece, it is more likely that it is a claw of a very ancient dragon that was carved. Though it has a narrow edge along its “back” it isn’t sharp enough to cut and the tip can’t stab without great force behind it. It makes an effective club and throwing stick that flies incredibly far with excellent accuracy.
    Damage:
     1d6 as a blunt
     1d6x10 to dragons
    Adjustments:
     +3 thrown
    Abilities:
     Indestructible
     Resistant to:
     Fire (half damage)
     Cold (half damage)
     Invulnerable to:
     Returns when thrown

The Drakeskull Staff is a unique Millennium Tree staff. In reality the item is only the top 8 inches and would be classified as a Millennium Tree wand due to its size but is considered a staff because of its power. The staff that runs through the wand is nothing but a normal stick and the appearance of this item varies greatly due to different sticks being used. Others have tried to “amp” up the power of this item by mounting it on a magic staff for some reason the Drakeskull Staff will consume any magic staff placed within it in a fire that has been known to burn for days (minutes equal to total level of spells/powers in it and mystic energy stored, for example 1x3rd, 2x1st and 1x5th level spell with 20 ISP and 10 PPE stored would burn for 40 minutes) on powerful staves before turning them to ash. As a melee weapon the Dragon staff is sorely lacking. As a mystic device it is exceptionally powerful.

Damage:
     1d4 as a blunt
     2d6 clawing strike
     2d% to vampires.
    Adjustments:
     -3 to strike
    Abilities:
     Indestructible
     See the invisible
     Invulnerable to:
     Serpents’ venom
     Serpents’ breath
     Fire
     Convert:
     1PPE to 2 ISP
     2 ISP to 1PPE
     When released and commanded to change the staff will turn into a miniature dragon (4’ tall, 16’ long, 8’ wingspan)
     Damage Capacity:
     60 SDC
     20 HP
     HF 10
     4 attacks/ melee
     4d6 bite
     1d6 claw
     Spd. 18
     Fly 20 mph
     Eagle Sight
     50’ range
     5’ area of effect

Ithan’s Dart is what is formed when the Thread of Binding envelops the Diamond of Ithan it becomes what some have deemed Ithan’s Dart. When thrown it flies at the intended target with an extremely high degree of accuracy as if it is guided. When it impales someone (4+ damage) it will continue to do damage as the links allow the person to bleed out. It is especially hazardous to Vampires as it does damage it also emits an inner glow through the facets which make cross shaped shadows everywhere like some sort of holy disco ball, to make matters worse for the vamps it even sticks to their mist form. Once the target is dead or if the dart does not impale or misses the target it returns to the user’s hand.
Damage:
 1d4 thrown
Adjustments:
 +5 throw
Abilities:
 Indestructible
 magic net
 carpet of adhesion
 Super-Healing (70 PPE)
 Generate:
 11PPE / 2.4hrs
 Absorb:
 From:
 Store:
 110 self generated PPE

Cora’mir’s Claw is what is formed when the Dragon Staff and Dragon’s Spine is combined in the correct configuration the narrowed edge takes on a metal sheen as it becomes a ridiculously sharp short sword as the spine expands and the edge turns to steel (hilt 10”, 23” blade, 30 overall 3lbs.). Cora’mir telepathically speaks to its welder “I am Cora’mir, you have assembled my flesh and bone, now find my heart, so we may become stronger. It is now of the hardest stone. I will point to it.” The dragon produced by the Drakeskull staff is amplified and carries the intellect of the blade.

Damage:
 2d6 sword
 1d6 when thrown
 1d4x100 vs. vampires
Adjustments:
 +2 Parry & Strike
 +1 thrown
Abilities:
 Indestructible
 Never Dulls
 See the invisible
 Resistant to:
 Cold (half damage)
 Invulnerable to:
 Serpents’ venom
 Serpents’ breath
 Fire
 psionics from dragons
 Convert:
 1PPE to 2 ISP
 2 ISP to 1PPE
 When released and commanded to change the sword will turn into a small dragon (8’ tall, 32’ long, 16’ wingspan)
 Damage Capacity:
 120 SDC
 40 HP
 HF 12
 5 attacks/ melee
 5d6 bite
 2d6 Claw
 Spd 19
 Fly 40 mph
 Eagle Sight
 100’ range
 10’ area of effect

Cora’mir’s Claw becomes Cora’mir’s Heart when it is combined with the Dart of Ithan. The diamond is suspended by the thin metal thread in the crook of its blade; the blade also extends to the length of a long sword (10” hilt, 34” blade, 41” overall, 4lbs.). “Find my soul of crystalline power. I’ll guide you to more power to fell your enemies.” All the powers of the blade are increased.

Damage:
 2d8 sword
 1d8 thrown
Adjustments:
 +3 Parry & Strike
 +4 thrown
 +8 Supernatural PS
 +2 vs. poisons
 +6 vs. disease
Abilities:
 Indestructible
 Never Dulls
 See the invisible
 Returns when thrown
 If the owner desires the entire sword is absorbed by the diamond in order for it to appear less dangerous or just so it is easier to carry (1lb).
 Glows with a radiant light when in the presence of creatures of darkness (e.g. vamps, AI, VI, etc)
 Resistant to:
 Cold (half damage)
 Invulnerable to:
 Serpents’ venom
 Serpents’ breath
 Fire
 psionics from dragons
 Generate:
 11PPE / 2.4hrs
 Absorb:
 From:
 Store:
 110 self generated PPE
 Convert:
 1PPE to 2 ISP
 2 ISP to 1PPE
 magic net
 carpet of adhesion
 Super-Healing (70 PPE)
 Healing Powers
 Regenerate
 Whole limb in 72 hours
 When released and commanded to change the sword will turn into a dragon (16’ tall, 64’ long, 32’ wingspan)
 Damage Capacity:
 240 SDC
 80 HP
 HF 14
 6 attacks/ melee
 6d6 bite
 3d6 Claw
 Spd. 20
 Fly 80 mph
 Eagle Sight
 200’ range
 20’ area of effect

Cora’mir’s Heart becomes Cora’mir’s Soul when the Generator Stone is placed into the hilt. When the rod is energized a crystal blade forms with the sound of cracking glass (when deactivated the sound is like shattering glass). The crystal surrounds the diamond and extends past the tip of the sword making it the length of a bastard sword (16” hilt, 39” blade, 51” overall, 6lbs.). All of the powers of the blade are again magnified. “I have my soul and am more powerful. I shall lead you to the location of my last component, my true power placed in a dark shard. With it we will slay our foes.” All the blades powers are magnified either through mystic capabilities or through the natural enhancement of the crystal.

Damage:
 2d10 sword
 1d10 thrown
Adjustments:
 +5 Parry
 +4 Strike
 +4 thrown
 +8 Supernatural PS
 +2 vs. poisons
 +6 vs. disease
 +1 initiative
 +1 dodge
 Can’t be surprised
Abilities:
 Indestructible
 Never Dulls
 See the invisible
 Returns when thrown
 If the owner desires the entire sword is absorbed by the diamond in order for it to appear less dangerous or jut so it is easier to carry (1lb).
 Resistant to:
 Cold (half damage)
 Heat (half damage)
 Electricity
 Heat
 Invulnerable to:
 Serpents’ venom
 Serpents’ breath
 Fire
 psionics from dragons
 possession
 Generate:
 11PPE / 2.4hrs
 660 ISP
 Absorb:
 From:
 Store:
 110 self generated PPE
 Convert:
 1PPE to 2 ISP
 2 ISP to 1PPE
 AR 20
 DC 24
 No damage from:
 Lightning blasts
 Flame
 Light beams (lasers)
 +2 initiative
 Can’t be surprised
 magic net
 carpet of adhesion
 Super-Healing (70 PPE)
 When released and commanded to change the sword will turn into a dragon (32’ tall, 128’ long, 64’ wingspan)
 Damage Capacity:
 480 SDC
 160 HP
 HF 16
 7 attacks/ melee
 7d6 bite
 4d6 Claw
 Spd 21
 Fly 160 mph
 Eagle Sight
 300’ range
 30’ area of effect

Cora’mir’s Soul becomes Cora’mir’s Apex when it is combined with the Starshard. The staff is placed along the back of the crystal blade. When the staff is energized a crystal blade forms with the sound of cracking glass (if it is removed the sound is like shattering glass). A darker colored crystal engulfs the end of the crystal sword making the sword about the size of a great sword (16” hilt, 56” blade, 68” overall, 7lbs.). This is the culmination of the blades true power. “Now I am whole and you are mine, we shall seek the retribution I deserve and bring my foe to ruin.”

Alignment: Anarchist anyone touching the weapon of any other alignment will suffer 3d6 damage
Damage:
 2d%x2sword (2d20)
 1d%x2thrown (1d20)
 3d%x10 vs. vampires and alien intelligences w/I 400’ (3d%), (½ to targets w/i 40')
 4d20x10 (4d20), 10,000’ (1000’) beam of light only effects creatures of darkness
Adjustments:
 +6 Parry
 +4 Strike
 +4 thrown
 +8 Supernatural PS
 +2 vs. poisons
 +6 vs. disease
 +2 initiative
 +2 dodge
 Can’t be surprised
Abilities:
 Drink Souls
 Immortals must roll a 16 or higher and get to add their bonus vs. lethal poisons.
 If the roll is failed the person is painfully changed to immobile, living crystal from the wound out.
 Once the victim is entirely changed they shatter into a sparkling cloud of crystal particles. Their last scream sounding crystalline.
 Indestructible
 Never Dulls
 See the invisible
 Returns when thrown
 Weapon and owner can sense each other in a 4 mile radius and the weapon can be summoned by the user from up to 5 miles per user lvl or the sword can choose to do so when within the 4 mile radius.
 If the owner desires the entire sword is absorbed by the diamond in order for it to appear less dangerous or jut so it is easier to Resistant to:
 Cold (half damage)
 Heat (half damage)
 Electricity
 Heat
 Invulnerable to:
 Serpents’ venom
 Serpents’ breath
 Fire
 psionics from dragons
 possession
 Generate:
 11PPE / 2.4hrs
 660 ISP
 Absorb:
 From:
 Store:
 110 self generated PPE
 Reduction:
 Convert:
 1PPE to 2 ISP
 2 ISP to 1PPE
 AR 20
 DC 24
 No damage from:
 Lightning blasts
 Flame
 Light beams (lasers)
 +2 initiative
 Can’t be surprised
 Understand & Speak all Languages (5 ISP per 10 minutes per users level, limit three times per day)
 Resist Fear (10 ISP per use, 5 min per level of the user up to 3 times per day)
 Paralysis Bolt (8 ISP)
 Blinding Flash (4 ISP)
 Forces creatures to leave the area for at least an hour. Creatures higher leveled than you can roll to save 14+
 +2 save vs. all charms
 Cure Disease (20 ISP)
 Cures any disease
 restores 2d6 damage
 relieves discomforts
 negates poison
 negates disease
 loose 2d6 damage
 fever
 nausea
 stomach cramps
 Yellow:
 +20% on all skills
 +1 initiative
 Bad luck
 -1 on ALL combat rolls
 -4 vs. illusions
 -10% on all skills
 *Annihilate when thrown at target. The dark crystal absorbs the blade and becomes a black energy sphere
 Giant by thrusting the sword into the air over your head (sword grows too with no change to abilities)
 1 turn of Speed Weapon by spinning the sword around your index finger (this is one of the reasons why it has the ring)
 Sanctuary as long as the blade is spun over your head (this is the other reason)
 carpet of adhesion by drawing a line on the ground pointing toward the target |
 Super-Healing by pressing the hilt over your heart, tip pointed down then pulling it across your chest.
 Mystic Portal by vertically slashing the air or a vertical surface (e.g. a wall)
 Expel devils and demons from this dimension by throwing the sword into the air where it will hang suspended until all the demons or devils roll to save and are expelled or unaffected, it will then slowly drop back to the earth.
 89% vs. lesser
 44% vs. greater
 Circle of protection: superior by raising the sword above your head and stabbing it into the ground (duration 5 minutes per lvl.)
 When released and commanded to change the sword will turn into a giant dragon (64’ tall, 256’ long, 128’ wingspan)
 Damage Capacity:
 960 SDC
 320 HP
 Will vanish after reaching 0 or after 24 hours (e.g. may remain in dragon form indefinitely)
 HF 18
 8 attacks/ melee
 8d6 bite
 5d6 Claw
 Spd 22
 Fly 320 mph
 Eagle Sight
 400’ range
 40’ area of effect
 Destruction?!? If ANYONE attempts to destroy the blade (striking, twisting,or otherwise, with INTENT), the entire blade will “shatter” (doing no damage to the welder… unless they did it) into a lethal cloud of fragments that strike the assailant causing 3d6x10 damage, 20% knock down (6d6x10, 40% knockdown on leylines), after which the cloud will coalesce into the dragon. “My destruction is impossible but yours is imminent.”
CURSE! Once the blade reaches this stage the player is filled with the desire to destroy Styphon (the pretender). Once completed the personality becomes submissive to that of the user. The dark crystal becomes the same color as the rest of the crystal and looses all S3! Abilities and all sword damage is a 10th listed damage (value given in parenthesis).

A magnificent Artifact collection and I love the upgradeable Rune weapon idea.
But my player group could most definitely NOT take down Styphon the Pretender.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Zer0 Kay wrote:This is a ridiculous weapon designed to give to a munchkin to teach them a lesson and likely kill them or **** them off in the end.
Spoiler:
Cora’mir the Chimera
    Abilities:
     Indestructible
     Invulnerability
     Super Healing,
     Generate:
     11PPE / 2.4hrs
     Absorb:
     From:
     Store:
     110 self generated PPE

Abilities:
     Indestructible
     Magic net
     Carpet of adhesion

Abilities:
     Indestructible
     Energy Bolt (6 ISP)
     Energy Field (50 ISP)

Abilities:
     Indestructible

 Damage:
     4d6
     Adjustments:
     +1 Parry
     +1 Initiative
     +1 Dodge
     Can’t be Surprised
     Paralysis Bolt (8 ISP)
     Blinding Flash (4 ISP)
     +2 save vs. all charms
     Cure Disease (20 ISP)
     Cures any disease
     restores 2d6 damage
     relieves discomforts
     negates poison
     negates disease
     loose 2d6 damage
     fever
     nausea
     stomach cramps
     Yellow:
     +20% on all skills
     +1 init.
     Bad luck
     -1 on ALL combat rolls
     -4 vs. illusions
     -10% on all skills

Damage:
     1d6 as a blunt
     1d6x10 to dragons
    Adjustments:
     +3 thrown
    Abilities:
     Indestructible
     Resistant to:
     Fire (half damage)
     Cold (half damage)
     Invulnerable to:
     Returns when thrown

Damage:
     1d4 as a blunt
     2d6 clawing strike
     2d% to vampires.
    Adjustments:
     -3 to strike
    Abilities:
     Indestructible
     See the invisible
     Invulnerable to:
     Serpents’ venom
     Serpents’ breath
     Fire
     Convert:
     1PPE to 2 ISP
     2 ISP to 1PPE
     Damage Capacity:
     60 SDC
     20 HP
     HF 10
     4 attacks/ melee
     4d6 bite
     1d6 claw
     Spd. 18
     Fly 20 mph
     Eagle Sight
     50’ range
     5’ area of effect

Damage:
 1d4 thrown
Adjustments:
 +5 throw
Abilities:
 Indestructible
 magic net
 carpet of adhesion
 Super-Healing (70 PPE)
 Generate:
 11PPE / 2.4hrs
 Absorb:
 From:
 Store:
 110 self generated PPE

Damage:
 2d6 sword
 1d6 when thrown
 1d4x100 vs. vampires
Adjustments:
 +2 Parry & Strike
 +1 thrown
Abilities:
 Indestructible
 Never Dulls
 See the invisible
 Resistant to:
 Cold (half damage)
 Invulnerable to:
 Serpents’ venom
 Serpents’ breath
 Fire
 psionics from dragons
 Convert:
 1PPE to 2 ISP
 2 ISP to 1PPE
 Damage Capacity:
 120 SDC
 40 HP
 HF 12
 5 attacks/ melee
 5d6 bite
 2d6 Claw
 Spd 19
 Fly 40 mph
 Eagle Sight
 100’ range
 10’ area of effect

Damage:
 2d8 sword
 1d8 thrown
Adjustments:
 +3 Parry & Strike
 +4 thrown
 +8 Supernatural PS
 +2 vs. poisons
 +6 vs. disease
Abilities:
 Indestructible
 Never Dulls
 See the invisible
 Returns when thrown
 Resistant to:
 Cold (half damage)
 Invulnerable to:
 Serpents’ venom
 Serpents’ breath
 Fire
 psionics from dragons
 Generate:
 11PPE / 2.4hrs
 Absorb:
 From:
 Store:
 110 self generated PPE
 Convert:
 1PPE to 2 ISP
 2 ISP to 1PPE
 magic net
 carpet of adhesion
 Super-Healing (70 PPE)
 Healing Powers
 Regenerate
 Whole limb in 72 hours
 Damage Capacity:
 240 SDC
 80 HP
 HF 14
 6 attacks/ melee
 6d6 bite
 3d6 Claw
 Spd. 20
 Fly 80 mph
 Eagle Sight
 200’ range
 20’ area of effect

Damage:
 2d10 sword
 1d10 thrown
Adjustments:
 +5 Parry
 +4 Strike
 +4 thrown
 +8 Supernatural PS
 +2 vs. poisons
 +6 vs. disease
 +1 initiative
 +1 dodge
 Can’t be surprised
Abilities:
 Indestructible
 Never Dulls
 See the invisible
 Returns when thrown
 Resistant to:
 Cold (half damage)
 Heat (half damage)
 Electricity
 Heat
 Invulnerable to:
 Serpents’ venom
 Serpents’ breath
 Fire
 psionics from dragons
 possession
 Generate:
 11PPE / 2.4hrs
 660 ISP
 Absorb:
 From:
 Store:
 110 self generated PPE
 Convert:
 1PPE to 2 ISP
 2 ISP to 1PPE
 AR 20
 DC 24
 No damage from:
 Lightning blasts
 Flame
 Light beams (lasers)
 +2 initiative
 Can’t be surprised
 magic net
 carpet of adhesion
 Super-Healing (70 PPE)
 Damage Capacity:
 480 SDC
 160 HP
 HF 16
 7 attacks/ melee
 7d6 bite
 4d6 Claw
 Spd 21
 Fly 160 mph
 Eagle Sight
 300’ range
 30’ area of effect

Damage:
 2d%x2sword (2d20)
 1d%x2thrown (1d20)
Adjustments:
 +6 Parry
 +4 Strike
 +4 thrown
 +8 Supernatural PS
 +2 vs. poisons
 +6 vs. disease
 +2 initiative
 +2 dodge
 Can’t be surprised
Abilities:
 Drink Souls
 Indestructible
 Never Dulls
 See the invisible
 Returns when thrown
 Cold (half damage)
 Heat (half damage)
 Electricity
 Heat
 Invulnerable to:
 Serpents’ venom
 Serpents’ breath
 Fire
 psionics from dragons
 possession
 Generate:
 11PPE / 2.4hrs
 660 ISP
 Absorb:
 From:
 Store:
 110 self generated PPE
 Reduction:
 Convert:
 1PPE to 2 ISP
 2 ISP to 1PPE
 AR 20
 DC 24
 No damage from:
 Lightning blasts
 Flame
 Light beams (lasers)
 +2 initiative
 Can’t be surprised
 Paralysis Bolt (8 ISP)
 Blinding Flash (4 ISP)
 +2 save vs. all charms
 Cure Disease (20 ISP)
 Cures any disease
 restores 2d6 damage
 relieves discomforts
 negates poison
 negates disease
 loose 2d6 damage
 fever
 nausea
 stomach cramps
 Yellow:
 +20% on all skills
 +1 initiative
 Bad luck
 -1 on ALL combat rolls
 -4 vs. illusions
 -10% on all skills
 89% vs. lesser
 44% vs. greater
 Damage Capacity:
 960 SDC
 320 HP
 HF 18
 8 attacks/ melee
 8d6 bite
 5d6 Claw
 Spd 22
 Fly 320 mph
 Eagle Sight
 400’ range
 40’ area of effect

Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Slight001 wrote:

Considers that as well as removing all powers and 1:100th it's power. But I've never seen a rune weapon with a gods soul likely because they don't have one.

Also because I want to use the real Styphon in my campaign to come squish the fake and I almost never have a munchkin in my group or if they are they're like some sort of wanna be munchkin that can't figure out puzzles or even how to bend the rule.

Most true munchkins break the rules but try to make it look they do not.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

say652 wrote:Character has 190Mdc.
Deals around 6d6md with weapons.
Not really a munchkin campaign.

Wasn't saying it was meant for you. I was just putting on of the items from my file up. The one that would likely be better for you may be Sapsorrow it is a runebow. Though I think backstories for the rune weapons are great the players don't get a manual and history on the weapons especially if they came from the time of the purge when they were trying to destroy all the weapons. It is likely that those they were unable to find or destroy were hidden and all records related to them destroyed in an attempt to keep them out of other peoples hands.

So what I appreciate instead is a good work up on the personality and the curse. I modeled most of my old stuff after Deathkiss.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

say652 wrote:
Spoiler:
Cora’mir the Chimera
    Abilities:
     Indestructible
     Invulnerability
     Super Healing,
     Generate:
     11PPE / 2.4hrs
     Absorb:
     From:
     Store:
     110 self generated PPE

Abilities:
     Indestructible
     Magic net
     Carpet of adhesion

Abilities:
     Indestructible
     Energy Bolt (6 ISP)
     Energy Field (50 ISP)

Abilities:
     Indestructible

 Damage:
     4d6
     Adjustments:
     +1 Parry
     +1 Initiative
     +1 Dodge
     Can’t be Surprised
     Paralysis Bolt (8 ISP)
     Blinding Flash (4 ISP)
     +2 save vs. all charms
     Cure Disease (20 ISP)
     Cures any disease
     restores 2d6 damage
     relieves discomforts
     negates poison
     negates disease
     loose 2d6 damage
     fever
     nausea
     stomach cramps
     Yellow:
     +20% on all skills
     +1 init.
     Bad luck
     -1 on ALL combat rolls
     -4 vs. illusions
     -10% on all skills

Damage:
     1d6 as a blunt
     1d6x10 to dragons
    Adjustments:
     +3 thrown
    Abilities:
     Indestructible
     Resistant to:
     Fire (half damage)
     Cold (half damage)
     Invulnerable to:
     Returns when thrown

Damage:
     1d4 as a blunt
     2d6 clawing strike
     2d% to vampires.
    Adjustments:
     -3 to strike
    Abilities:
     Indestructible
     See the invisible
     Invulnerable to:
     Serpents’ venom
     Serpents’ breath
     Fire
     Convert:
     1PPE to 2 ISP
     2 ISP to 1PPE
     Damage Capacity:
     60 SDC
     20 HP
     HF 10
     4 attacks/ melee
     4d6 bite
     1d6 claw
     Spd. 18
     Fly 20 mph
     Eagle Sight
     50’ range
     5’ area of effect

Damage:
 1d4 thrown
Adjustments:
 +5 throw
Abilities:
 Indestructible
 magic net
 carpet of adhesion
 Super-Healing (70 PPE)
 Generate:
 11PPE / 2.4hrs
 Absorb:
 From:
 Store:
 110 self generated PPE

Damage:
 2d6 sword
 1d6 when thrown
 1d4x100 vs. vampires
Adjustments:
 +2 Parry & Strike
 +1 thrown
Abilities:
 Indestructible
 Never Dulls
 See the invisible
 Resistant to:
 Cold (half damage)
 Invulnerable to:
 Serpents’ venom
 Serpents’ breath
 Fire
 psionics from dragons
 Convert:
 1PPE to 2 ISP
 2 ISP to 1PPE
 Damage Capacity:
 120 SDC
 40 HP
 HF 12
 5 attacks/ melee
 5d6 bite
 2d6 Claw
 Spd 19
 Fly 40 mph
 Eagle Sight
 100’ range
 10’ area of effect

Damage:
 2d8 sword
 1d8 thrown
Adjustments:
 +3 Parry & Strike
 +4 thrown
 +8 Supernatural PS
 +2 vs. poisons
 +6 vs. disease
Abilities:
 Indestructible
 Never Dulls
 See the invisible
 Returns when thrown
 Resistant to:
 Cold (half damage)
 Invulnerable to:
 Serpents’ venom
 Serpents’ breath
 Fire
 psionics from dragons
 Generate:
 11PPE / 2.4hrs
 Absorb:
 From:
 Store:
 110 self generated PPE
 Convert:
 1PPE to 2 ISP
 2 ISP to 1PPE
 magic net
 carpet of adhesion
 Super-Healing (70 PPE)
 Healing Powers
 Regenerate
 Whole limb in 72 hours
 Damage Capacity:
 240 SDC
 80 HP
 HF 14
 6 attacks/ melee
 6d6 bite
 3d6 Claw
 Spd. 20
 Fly 80 mph
 Eagle Sight
 200’ range
 20’ area of effect

Damage:
 2d10 sword
 1d10 thrown
Adjustments:
 +5 Parry
 +4 Strike
 +4 thrown
 +8 Supernatural PS
 +2 vs. poisons
 +6 vs. disease
 +1 initiative
 +1 dodge
 Can’t be surprised
Abilities:
 Indestructible
 Never Dulls
 See the invisible
 Returns when thrown
 Resistant to:
 Cold (half damage)
 Heat (half damage)
 Electricity
 Heat
 Invulnerable to:
 Serpents’ venom
 Serpents’ breath
 Fire
 psionics from dragons
 possession
 Generate:
 11PPE / 2.4hrs
 660 ISP
 Absorb:
 From:
 Store:
 110 self generated PPE
 Convert:
 1PPE to 2 ISP
 2 ISP to 1PPE
 AR 20
 DC 24
 No damage from:
 Lightning blasts
 Flame
 Light beams (lasers)
 +2 initiative
 Can’t be surprised
 magic net
 carpet of adhesion
 Super-Healing (70 PPE)
 Damage Capacity:
 480 SDC
 160 HP
 HF 16
 7 attacks/ melee
 7d6 bite
 4d6 Claw
 Spd 21
 Fly 160 mph
 Eagle Sight
 300’ range
 30’ area of effect

Damage:
 2d%x2sword (2d20)
 1d%x2thrown (1d20)
Adjustments:
 +6 Parry
 +4 Strike
 +4 thrown
 +8 Supernatural PS
 +2 vs. poisons
 +6 vs. disease
 +2 initiative
 +2 dodge
 Can’t be surprised
Abilities:
 Drink Souls
 Indestructible
 Never Dulls
 See the invisible
 Returns when thrown
 Cold (half damage)
 Heat (half damage)
 Electricity
 Heat
 Invulnerable to:
 Serpents’ venom
 Serpents’ breath
 Fire
 psionics from dragons
 possession
 Generate:
 11PPE / 2.4hrs
 660 ISP
 Absorb:
 From:
 Store:
 110 self generated PPE
 Reduction:
 Convert:
 1PPE to 2 ISP
 2 ISP to 1PPE
 AR 20
 DC 24
 No damage from:
 Lightning blasts
 Flame
 Light beams (lasers)
 +2 initiative
 Can’t be surprised
 Paralysis Bolt (8 ISP)
 Blinding Flash (4 ISP)
 +2 save vs. all charms
 Cure Disease (20 ISP)
 Cures any disease
 restores 2d6 damage
 relieves discomforts
 negates poison
 negates disease
 loose 2d6 damage
 fever
 nausea
 stomach cramps
 Yellow:
 +20% on all skills
 +1 initiative
 Bad luck
 -1 on ALL combat rolls
 -4 vs. illusions
 -10% on all skills
 89% vs. lesser
 44% vs. greater
 Damage Capacity:
 960 SDC
 320 HP
 HF 18
 8 attacks/ melee
 8d6 bite
 5d6 Claw
 Spd 22
 Fly 320 mph
 Eagle Sight
 400’ range
 40’ area of effect

And I'd hope the munchkin I gave this to wouldn't either AND the rest of the group would see what was going on and abandon him to his fate.

The only other "quest" weapon I have like it is just a force multiplier for my on the fly magic system.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I am pretty free with the character creation I allow and as GM only really police the gear the players have each mission.
This basically allows me to control MDC by saying Power Armor or Body Armour and Damage output by having final say on what weapons are allowed and how many you can have with you.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

say652 wrote:I am pretty free with the character creation I allow and as GM only really police the gear the players have each mission.
This basically allows me to control MDC by saying Power Armor or Body Armour and Damage output by having final say on what weapons are allowed and how many you can have with you.

I'm completely liberal she when it comes to character creation and equipping. I just make sure they know they'll face the same.
Last edited by Zer0 Kay on Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Glistam wrote:Rifts: Atlantis did a lot of very cool things, but one thing they did poorly was made Rune items just another powerful item. Palladium Fantasy gives short backstories and histories to most of their weapons, and it's really cool. Library of Bletherad and Northern Hinterlands are two books which spring to mind that have several examples.

That's because the Splugorth mass-produce their rune weapons. This likely represses any personality the rune weapon might have had until it bonds to an owner. The dwarves in PFRPG made them by hand, which would have helped imprint a little bit of themselves on each weapon (just not to the extent that happens with the Japanese blades).This helped their blades develop different quirks when compared to the ones the Splugorth make.

Along this line of thinking, this could be why so many of the PFRPG blades have curses when the Atlantis ones don't. Perhaps the Splugorth have some sort of unknown magic to suppress the consciousness of their victims as they get put into the rune blade. The dwarves didn't have this magic, and some of their victims were able to curse the blade with their dying breath.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

The Beast wrote:
Glistam wrote:Rifts: Atlantis did a lot of very cool things, but one thing they did poorly was made Rune items just another powerful item. Palladium Fantasy gives short backstories and histories to most of their weapons, and it's really cool. Library of Bletherad and Northern Hinterlands are two books which spring to mind that have several examples.

That's because the Splugorth mass-produce their rune weapons. This likely represses any personality the rune weapon might have had until it bonds to an owner. The dwarves in PFRPG made them by hand, which would have helped imprint a little bit of themselves on each weapon (just not to the extent that happens with the Japanese blades).This helped their blades develop different quirks when compared to the ones the Splugorth make.

Along this line of thinking, this could be why so many of the PFRPG blades have curses when the Atlantis ones don't. Perhaps the Splugorth have some sort of unknown magic to suppress the consciousness of their victims as they get put into the rune blade. The dwarves didn't have this magic, and some of their victims were able to curse the blade with their dying breath.

I agree it is because the Splugorth mass-produce rune weapons, so you could have literally dozens of "Sword of Atlantis", each with their own trapped entity inside, and it is that entity that is the source of the Personality of the Rune item, not the craftsman. You are looking at a specific example in Palladium Fantasy,where Rifts Atlantis is more or less giving you the basics of a given "class" of Rune Weapon and not a specific one (sort of like having NPCs of a given OCC/RCC as an analogy, PF gives us the NPCs themselves, but Rifts just goes OCC/RCC).

I do not think that Rune Weapons are made with curses, but pick them up over time. Even WB2 mentions curses in relation to Rune Weapons (Greater & Greatest don't put a rate, but do mention it in each writeup on pg128 and pg129, though a remark is absent from Lesser). How those curses got there I don't think is mentioned, but I think it is implied it is a post-creation event.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

I think the sploogs use entities that don't have personalities what exactly that would be I dunnoh.
taalismn
Priest

Zer0 Kay wrote:

That's cool what is that from? Naw I figure either kill the munchkin by mass combat with the fake Styphon and any henchies the sploogs throw at it or just tick off the munchkin by reducing his awesome weapon to almost a normal rune weapon.

Made it up, spur of the moment. Seen enough shaggydog/phyttic-victory book/movie endings, where the super weapon/world-shaking discovery ends up self-destructing, or otherwise vanishing out of reach.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Phase Borgs?

Just pick the three frames I wish to bounce between. And of course I have to be in that frame to have it repaired.
Correct?

Devastator Giant Robot.
White Tiger Cyborg Shock Trooper.
Paladin Steel Stalker Cyborg.

Now weapons and gear do not switch out only the frame I switch to?

Return to “Rifts®”