A vehicle for a Glitterboy

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

A vehicle for a Glitterboy

Unread post by mobuttu »

I'm looking for an adventure vehicle for a party of 5-6 PC, whom one of them is a Glitterboy, so the vehicle should have a capacity for 5-6 crew (including pilot) and enough space to fit a GB armor.

Any suggestions?

BTW, there is a TW in the party, so TW vehicles or modifications are also acceptable.

I have though in the Reloader Hover Vehicle/Truck Model Type: RHV-60 (Free Quebec pg. 60-61), but is not big enough.

Thanks
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
kaid
Knight

Re: A vehicle for a Glitterboy

Unread post by kaid »

In NG2 there are a lot of good options for this. Moutaineer, cargonaut, aquapod, salamander, and those are the non military options there are a few good oversized APC listed as well designed to transport troops and power armor. They also have an assortment of trailers which may be all you really need just need any random vehicle with enough towing capacity and a cheap haulage trailer.
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

I just wanted to point out that the Glitter Boy is ridiculously light in comparison to its MDC value. In fact, a real-world Ford F-150 truck could carry it.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Braden Campbell wrote:I just wanted to point out that the Glitter Boy is ridiculously light in comparison to its MDC value. In fact, a real-world Ford F-150 truck could carry it.

Yes its why a basic trailer is probably all they really need. In the grand scheme of things most power armor are pretty easy to transport in even basic cargo vehicles. Most is man sized with glitterboys being on the large end still not being very heavy or that big. Which makes sense as power armor for the most part is hollow inside.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

A great vehicle option from NG2 would be the cargonaut with the RV module pulling the cargo trailer option. Gives you an MDC mobile storage pen for any loot you acquire with more than enough space for a few sets of power armor even big ones like samsons a good quality living quarters for the entire group all for a price tag thats pretty reasonable.

If you want a more man eating shoot them in the face transport option something like the new Badger works great. The lower deck is designed to transport power armor and the upper deck is a gun nest with enough bunk room for the standard crew to sleep nice and safe.
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

I actually prefer a modified Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck (HEMTT). Modern day stuff refitted to be MDC. Outfit the base truck with a shipping container linked to the cab and set up for living space, convert to electricity or TW for space-saving (gotta get rid of that massive 12 cylinder diesel engine). Add on a tow trailer with another shipping container for the Glitter Boy bay.

Check out the statistics on this thing. It's a really nice setup.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

wyrmraker wrote:I actually prefer a modified Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck (HEMTT). Modern day stuff refitted to be MDC. Outfit the base truck with a shipping container linked to the cab and set up for living space, convert to electricity or TW for space-saving (gotta get rid of that massive 12 cylinder diesel engine). Add on a tow trailer with another shipping container for the Glitter Boy bay.

Check out the statistics on this thing. It's a really nice setup.

Sounds like the cargonaut which is basically a military grade MDC halftrack although hover systems is an option. The front driving cab is the normal part of the vehicle and then the back is basically a modular slot that can hold various modular trailer options on board and then pull up to like 30 or so tons of trailer itself.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

What designing an over sized Hover cycle, like for heavy borgs etc. I'm sure firing the BOOMGUN would be a bad idea but still better mobility than walking.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Ditch the Boomgun. Add in a flight system and othe bionic weapon systems. Carry a nirmal rail gun rifle and problem solved.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

MortVent wrote:
Nightfactory wrote:A large robot horse would be interesting.

Today we present Bob. Bob here is a descended glitterboy pilot. And this is Rawr, his pet bionic t-rex that he uses as a mount while in his Glitterboy armor...

We'll for double trouble there are a few options for "PA" or "Robot Vehicle" mounts:
-Kittani Dinosaur Robots in SA1 (3 types)
-the 'Raptor like 'bot in SA2
-Mastadon 'bot in SA2
-CS Spider walkers (any, RMB/RUE, CWC)
-NG Spider in NW (forget the name)
-Triax and kittani IIRC also have a few in WB2/5/7/triax2
-Japan has that Dragon 'bot that would work for sure, not sure about their Dragon 'borgs
-Japan also has the Crab 'bot
-for a bit of magic, you've got a few options in FoM and SoT series (SoT likely better)
-Shemarrian Mounts might also work, though off hand I don't recall the mass of various Shems)
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

ShadowLogan wrote:
MortVent wrote:
Nightfactory wrote:A large robot horse would be interesting.

Today we present Bob. Bob here is a descended glitterboy pilot. And this is Rawr, his pet bionic t-rex that he uses as a mount while in his Glitterboy armor...

We'll for double trouble there are a few options for "PA" or "Robot Vehicle" mounts:
-Kittani Dinosaur Robots in SA1 (3 types)
-the 'Raptor like 'bot in SA2
-Mastadon 'bot in SA2
-CS Spider walkers (any, RMB/RUE, CWC)
-NG Spider in NW (forget the name)
-Triax and kittani IIRC also have a few in WB2/5/7/triax2
-Japan has that Dragon 'bot that would work for sure, not sure about their Dragon 'borgs
-Japan also has the Crab 'bot
-for a bit of magic, you've got a few options in FoM and SoT series (SoT likely better)
-Shemarrian Mounts might also work, though off hand I don't recall the mass of various Shems)

well in my copy of sb1 a monst rex (mount) weighs 2000 lbs or 1 ton so its actually lighter than the gb
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I think a Robot horse attachment like the Kitrani equestrian armor qould be cool.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

On next weeks episode of pimp my Glitterboy we diacuss the uselessness of the Boomgun. Lol
SpiritInterface
Hero

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

I'll take the Obvious for 2000 Alex...

What is the RHV-60 Reloader...

World Book 22 Free Quebec page 60.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

guardiandashi wrote:well in my copy of sb1 a monst rex (mount) weighs 2000 lbs or 1 ton so its actually lighter than the gb

Not what I was getting at. How much can the Monst. Rex (mount) and other Shemarian Mounts actually carry in terms of riders. Didn't feel like looking it up, just listing possibilities. I looked them up and...

Shemarrian Nation pg64 Robotic PS of 35, can pull/carry twice as much as usual for its Robotic PS, that works out to 1,750lbs. Comparing that to the Shemarrian weights, that is sufficient for any of the Shemarrian types, but not a Glitterboy (unless you consider that to be the weight the can carry w/o impairment).

Shem. Nation pg68 Pack Mule Mon. Rex has a Robotic PS of 45, but can pull/carry x3 as usual for its Robotic PS, that works out to 2250lbs (close to 1ton). Though if one considers this to be an example of a Giant Robot, it would be 9000lbs (more than enough for a glitterboy)

Shem. Nation pg71 the Monst-Crane is said to pull/carry upto 2 tons of cargo on its back (even with a Robotic PS of 30).
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Now upgrading the Bionic Horse with stabilizers to fire the boomgun mounted!! That would rock.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Thanks for your suggestions. I finally found the “Crawler” APC NT-6000 (WB Australia) that fits perfectly in my demands.

http://equip-r.blogspot.com.es/2014/06/ ... -grup.html

And I have included some TW features from SoT1.

Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

an austral vehicle is that where you are playing?
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Blue_Lion wrote:an austral vehicle is that where you are playing?

No at all, but hey! This is Rifts! :wink:

Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Stolen Glitterboy Transport from Free Quebec, it's even built for the glitter boys to ride outside and still be able to fire if needed.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

The one thing that I always kinda wondered about was why more large tanks/APC do not mount boomguns. At least free quebec and triax although I think triax does have a few things that have an optional boomgun.

A big enough vehicle eliminates the need for the recoil mitigation and the main limitation of boom guns is ammo and a bigger vehicle could hold more ammo.

The boomguns have their limitation but its really hard to beat their range and damage.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

kaid wrote:The one thing that I always kinda wondered about was why more large tanks/APC do not mount boomguns. At least free quebec and triax although I think triax does have a few things that have an optional boomgun.

A big enough vehicle eliminates the need for the recoil mitigation and the main limitation of boom guns is ammo and a bigger vehicle could hold more ammo.

The boomguns have their limitation but its really hard to beat their range and damage.

From what I remember about Boom Guns supposedly they generate way too much vibration and other issues to mount on anything that's not specifically built for them like the Glitter Boy is.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

What about A giant sized rocket cycle.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Watched The deceptaAutoPrimebee 4 preview.
Um dude robotic T-Rex and a sword. Lol. Looks way better on film.
random_username
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Just an old dude Gamer (GM and Player) who had the honor of gaming with several great groups of folks over the years.

Unread post by random_username »

Glitterboy Transport (FQ): World Book 22: FQ.

See Advanced Spoilers http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=129640
If something makes the RPG experience better that's great. If not don't use it.

If not overly informative hopefully it was at least mildly amusing. Munchkin Clown Away! <fwoosh... honk, honk>
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

I had already considered the GB Transport of Free Quebec but it has too much flying capabilities for the kind of campaign I wanted. I want the PC to be grounded, as is not just a matter of deployment-mission-withdrawal. Although I don't reject the idea of using it for such types of missions. Thanks.

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

In your game. Bionic strength, how much do they lift??

A bionic horse if steong enough.
A blood lizard. If you like mdc lizards.

Return to “Rifts®”