Androids...who can eat?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Androids...who can eat?

Unread post by Dr Megaverse »

So I'm thinking of playing an android who is a transferred intelligence and this character will be trying to hide that he is an android. So question is, can anyone think of any androids who are capable of mimicing perfectly human bodily functions (breathing/eating/drinking/etc) so as not to alert my fellow PCs as to my android status?
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Re: Androids...who can eat?

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Dr Megaverse wrote:So I'm thinking of playing an android who is a transferred intelligence and this character will be trying to hide that he is an android. So question is, can anyone think of any androids who are capable of mimicing perfectly human bodily functions (breathing/eating/drinking/etc) so as not to alert my fellow PCs as to my android status?

It's the operating systems are program for it or it has the bio-implants of said functions, then I say go for it
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Dr Megaverse wrote:So I'm thinking of playing an android who is a transferred intelligence and this character will be trying to hide that he is an android. So question is, can anyone think of any androids who are capable of mimicing perfectly human bodily functions (breathing/eating/drinking/etc) so as not to alert my fellow PCs as to my android status?

Well would be easy enough to do just need a holding compartment somewhere in the chest cavity to hold the food/drink. You would just have to be careful to not let anybody see the waste when you eliminate it.

As for breathing that is as simple making the chest rise and fall does not even need to be any air going in or out even to mimic it enough for people to not notice.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

kaid wrote:

Well would be easy enough to do just need a holding compartment somewhere in the chest cavity to hold the food/drink. You would just have to be careful to not let anybody see the waste when you eliminate it.

As for breathing that is as simple making the chest rise and fall does not even need to be any air going in or out even to mimic it enough for people to not notice.

he could fed the homeless folks :P
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

kaid wrote:

easy to fake breathing..have an actual lung like device and the chest motion you mentioned that could serve as air cooling for internal systems. Could even have fake blood systems using real human blood. Hell could even have him tire by limiting the endurance and have systems slow down and reduce power to look weaker after prolonged physical activity. (Have that on switch so you can still be full robot strength and such though)

It would also require a thermal pattern that matched selected race. Look at Soong's androids in star trek. He made one that looked and reacted human. that one even when scanned and put in an x-ray machine looked human. My Psi-tech made robot similar that fully emulated humans. He went so far as to not install built in weapons and used his own brain pattern in place of an AI -program..threw in a variable mix to randomize Gender, personality and appearance...it turned out well. of course she still once in while gave him look if got too friendly with the microwave...:P
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

isn't there a type of cyborg body in the bionics sourcebook that is supposed to pass as human? called a cyber-humanoid or something like that?

get one of those, remove the brain, replace it with whatever the heck you call the thing a transferred intelligence goes into, and you should be fine... that is, if the cyborg body actually is designed to mimic a human's behaviour. don't own the book, never read it, only heard about the cyborg from others.
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Unread post by Dr Megaverse »

Right now I'm leaning towards a Vallax "Newcomer" Android for the stats and their ability to mimic human flesh and block psi-onic probes (with a good background story to explain how his intelligence got into a Vallax droid). I've been talking with my GM and we've brainstormed that he can always fake an obsession that he only eats the nutrient paste from his PA as a way to hide it, and my GM mentioned he though certain ARCHIE Bots were made to mimic humans but it's looking like it'd depend on the actual mechanics installed. Mostly I'm looking for a bot/android which has the ability to see if its a reasonable extrapolation that the "Newcomer" androids would have said abilities.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

And as an aside, you may find it easier to make the android look like a partial cyborg instead of a normal human. That will give you some more leeway to use an android's abilities without giving yourself away.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Mack wrote:And as an aside, you may find it easier to make the android look like a partial cyborg instead of a normal human. That will give you some more leeway to use an android's abilities without giving yourself away.

It works for ARCHIE-3's Shemarrians.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Eating and drinking is easy enough to fake...and who tracks other peoples' bowel movements?
No, I figure the real sticker is going to be what we don't consciously pay attention to, but pick up on subconciously...like blushing and other body language.
I figure a lot of research would go into something like cuttlefish multiple skin and muscle layers that contract and expand various pigmentation cells to produce the illusion of blushing....then you got to write the programming that correctly simulates it in the right places, to the right degree..
Or else have a really dark tan complexion that covers up any chance of blushing.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”